D drive not recognized

August 4, 2005 1:13:35 AM

I restarted my computer. When it rebooted, the drive was not showing up in
'My Computer.' I've restarted several times. uninstalled the driver with no
luck. Device Manager reports that everything is OK. So does the BIOS. Anyone
have any suggestions or know what is going on? Thanks.

More about : drive recognized

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:13:36 AM

You did not tell us what type of drive "D" is..............
If it is a hard drive you need to go to Control Panel/administrative
tools/computer management/disk management
from there you need to format the drive
peterk
the problem
"Terry Dactil" <sd@sd.net> wrote in message
>I restarted my computer. When it rebooted, the drive was not showing up in
>'My Computer.' I've restarted several times. uninstalled the driver with no
>luck. Device Manager reports that everything is OK. So does the BIOS.
>Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:25:00 AM

perterk, it's a hard drive. I've used one of Maxtor's DOS files and was able
to get the drive recognized. Before I didn't have access to the drive to
format or do anything with it. I believe by using the 'Recover My Files'
app, I may be able to recover a vast majority of the files. Thanks for your
reply.

"peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
news:o pW5xkImFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You did not tell us what type of drive "D" is..............
> If it is a hard drive you need to go to Control Panel/administrative
> tools/computer management/disk management
> from there you need to format the drive
> peterk
> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
> about the problem
> "Terry Dactil" <sd@sd.net> wrote in message
>>I restarted my computer. When it rebooted, the drive was not showing up in
>>'My Computer.' I've restarted several times. uninstalled the driver with
>>no luck. Device Manager reports that everything is OK. So does the BIOS.
>>Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:25:01 AM

Recover from what???

!