armada 7400

Echy Wrote:
> jafattz wrote:-
> Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive
> ,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on
> for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock
> lights come on and stay on.
> The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive
> or
> floppy.
> There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've
> tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still
> the
> same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be
> welcomed.
>
> I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in
> case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J
>
> -
>
> Hello
>
> I have this model too. When i had to open it up for a repair I found
> it
> very "fussy" as to whether it worked properly when I put it back
> together. Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Took 2 or 3 attempts to
> get it right.
>
> Solution was to EXACTLY and SLOWLY follow the technical directions for
> disassembly & reassembly.
>
> I have a tech. manual in PDF form if you need it. Don't think it has a
> schematic though.
>
> Regards
> Echy
> Melbourne, Australia
> www.visitvictoria.com

Hi Echy I've got the tech manual but it really isn't much help .Maybe
it needs a holiday in the sun instead of the gales and rain we get here
in sunny Scotland.I picked up another 7400 at a car boot sale for a
fiver so I think I'll start swapping bits around and see what
happens,thanks for your input and I'll let you know the result
Cheers JIM

--
jafattz

jafattz wrote:
> Echy Wrote:
>
>>jafattz wrote:-
>>Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive
>>,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on
>>for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock
>>lights come on and stay on.
>>The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive
>>or
>>floppy.
>>There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've
>>tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still
>>the
>>same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be
>>welcomed.
>>
>>I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in
>>case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J
>>
>>-
>>
>>Hello
>>
>>I have this model too. When i had to open it up for a repair I found
>>it
>>very "fussy" as to whether it worked properly when I put it back
>>together. Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Took 2 or 3 attempts to
>>get it right.
>>
>>Solution was to EXACTLY and SLOWLY follow the technical directions for
>>disassembly & reassembly.
>>
>>I have a tech. manual in PDF form if you need it. Don't think it has a
>>schematic though.
>>
>>Regards
>>Echy
>>Melbourne, Australia
>>www.visitvictoria.com
>

> Hi Echy I've got the tech manual but it really isn't much help .Maybe
> it needs a holiday in the sun instead of the gales and rain we get here
> in sunny Scotland.I picked up another 7400 at a car boot sale for a
> fiver so I think I'll start swapping bits around and see what
> happens,thanks for your input and I'll let you know the result
> Cheers JIM

Good luck !

Echy