Move Raid between Servers

dani

Hello.

We have a RAID5 and we moved the Raid controller between servers
loosing the RAID configuration, is it possible to recreate the RAID
without loosing any data?

Thanks in advance.

it is called backup and restore. You might be able to also move the
raid card and the drives but no guarantees

Wayne

"Dani" <dcarrascosa@gmail.com> wrote:
>We have a RAID5 and we moved the Raid controller between servers
>loosing the RAID configuration, is it possible to recreate the RAID
>without loosing any data?

I would think that if you installed the drivers on the new machine
first, then moved the controller and all the drives over, ensuring
that each drive was installed and configured as on the original
machine, it ought to work. Is each drive on the same place on the
same cable as it was in the original machine?

dani

I think I'm going to try to recreate the raid and "cross fingers" to
work. Thanks for your answers.

I'll tell if it's all ok.

dani

At the end it's all OK, we recreated the RAID 5 without Initialize the
disks and we have full access to the RAID and the data it contains.

Thank you for your answers.