sidewinder software for home XP

i have a newish laptop running home XP and wanted to load
my "sidewinder force feedback pro" however the software
is for windows 98 and the laptop rejects to disc.

can anybody advise a source for downloading the software
that will allow the sidewinder games controller to talk
to my dell taptop.
2 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder software home
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    --
    Here are instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

    The version 4 software for USB Sidewinders is XP compatible, of
    course, you have to be using an administrators account to install it*.
    If it gives you a warning, you can click OK and continue installing it.
    *Install the software before connecting the device to the USB port!

    Version 3 software isn't XP compatible, we'll use XP's drivers instead.
    While USB devices just plug and play, GamePort devices need work:

    To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    hi,

    as far as i know, MS has stopped implementing drivers for the SW FF Pro
    in WinXP....

    it seems possible to get the joystick running under XP with the
    main-steering functins but Force Feedback won´t run....

    yours mark

    D Gebert wrote:
    > i have a newish laptop running home XP and wanted to load
    > my "sidewinder force feedback pro" however the software
    > is for windows 98 and the laptop rejects to disc.
    >
    > can anybody advise a source for downloading the software
    > that will allow the sidewinder games controller to talk
    > to my dell taptop.

Laptops Software Games Windows XP Video Games