Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hp dv9208nr windows 7 display driver

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Nvidia
  • Laptops
  • Displays
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
November 30, 2009 4:16:54 PM

Anyone found a Windows 7 display driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 that works on an HP dv9208nr? Windows update has one, but it fails to install - 3 attempts. HP says they don't plan to create a driver for that laptop and Nvidia says it must be obtained from HP....

More about : dv9208nr windows display driver

November 30, 2009 4:56:53 PM

Isn't there a way to install drivers in some sort of Vista emulation mode? I just got my upgrade to Windows 7 done, and really haven't had a chance to play with any of the more advanced features, but I thought I'd read somewhere that an emulation mode was to be included so that situations like what you're experiencing can be dealt with. Anyone on the forums who can speak on this?
m
0
l
December 1, 2009 1:16:04 PM

I don't know about a Vista emulation mode. There is an XP mode, but it is a virtual instance, so the main OS has to have the correct video driver. However - I did finally find one that works on multiple Nvidia graphics displays.

it is 18610_win7x32.exe for 32-bit machines. There is supposed to be a 64-bit driver set coming.
m
0
l
December 1, 2009 1:17:40 PM

cal6171 said:
Anyone found a Windows 7 display driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 that works on an HP dv9208nr? Windows update has one, but it fails to install - 3 attempts. HP says they don't plan to create a driver for that laptop and Nvidia says it must be obtained from HP....




Solved - found a driver that works
m
0
l
January 6, 2010 1:51:34 AM

Hi Cal6171,

Using Vista driver? or did you find a Windows 7 driver for your dv9208nr?

I have the same PC and though the Vista 64-bit driver works, shutdowns are slow with what appears to be apps or drivers unloading slow (3 wink/flashes some displaying a screen saying something is not closing in a timely fashion - on the way to closing out the desktop).
Thanks for any further info!
m
0
l
January 6, 2010 7:32:46 PM

daves1646 said:
Hi Cal6171,

Using Vista driver? or did you find a Windows 7 driver for your dv9208nr?

I have the same PC and though the Vista 64-bit driver works, shutdowns are slow with what appears to be apps or drivers unloading slow (3 wink/flashes some displaying a screen saying something is not closing in a timely fashion - on the way to closing out the desktop).
Thanks for any further info!



Hi, Dave,

The driver I found is for Windows 7 32-bit version. Sorry, I can't help with a 64-bit version.

Cal
m
0
l
April 10, 2010 8:51:24 PM

cal6171 said:
Hi, Dave,

The driver I found is for Windows 7 32-bit version. Sorry, I can't help with a 64-bit version.

Cal


Mind telling us where you found the correct driver?
m
0
l
!