My hp 1000 laptop isnt booting up what could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravin23

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I have a hp dv1000 and it fails to turn on or boot up!maybe after 50 times or so it will come on until it gets to the windows screen then it cuts out again!Do you think it could e the motherboard?

wolftux

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Need a bit more information, such as what its behavior is when it doesn't boot (i.e. does it come up with an error message or blue screen of death?). What OS are you running? Is the hard drive making any new or suscipious noises? Please post EVERYTHING you can think of.

cravin23

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
There is no blue screen of death no error on a black screen nothing.It doesnt boot at all.I swiched the a/c adapter and the battery.I was running windows xp professional.The hard drive is not making any noise at all.After about 50 times of trying to power on it does power on.It loads till about the windows screen then laptop cuts out and is unresponsive.

Tweedy1954

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I am also having this problem with my Dell Vostro 1000. I turned it on and at first a million different colored lines with across the screen. I turned it off and tried again and then a blank blue screen came up. Third try, black screen. No other noises but a flashing yellow light with an "a" inside on top of keyboard. Operating on Vista. What should I do? myjoyous3@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS