Win XP.theme - a.k.a Bliss

..Hi,
I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is not.

In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the .theme
file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the latter comes
from the wmbonusxp.exe file.

Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme? And,
by the way, what is Luna?
TIA,
Carol S.
12 answers Last reply
More about theme bliss

    Luna (Luna.theme) is the Windows XP theme.

    Luna.theme should be in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

    Bliss.bmp is the file for Bliss wallpaper.

    See if Bliss.bmp is in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

    Read the instructions at the top.
    187. right hand side
    Restore Luna Theme

    339. XP Web\Wallpaper Defaults
    This is a zip file with all the default XP wallpaper, it includes Bliss.bmp.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:74341AF3-B710-4E6D-85A1-87A94A2C72E8@microsoft.com,
    Carol S. <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > .Hi,
    > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is
    > not.
    >
    > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the
    > .theme file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the
    > latter comes from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    >
    > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme?
    > And, by the way, what is Luna?
    > TIA,
    > Carol S.

    You might want to download, install, and check out the Microsoft Royale theme, which I
    like more than Luna, the newer version of the Bliss wallpaper is nice, and the 3-D effects
    give Windows XP some new life... (I did change some of the fonts though)...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=131&p=4&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&S
    rcFamilyId=15373c73-d5f6-4af0-b583-d633cb021612&genscs=&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.
    com%2fdownload%2fa%2fc%2f4%2fac407ba2-30d2-447b-8c93-83967a92dd9f%2froyale.zip
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    > Luna (Luna.theme) is the Windows XP theme.
    >
    > Luna.theme should be in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes
    >
    > Bliss.bmp is the file for Bliss wallpaper.
    >
    > See if Bliss.bmp is in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

    > Read the instructions at the top.
    > 187. right hand side
    > Restore Luna Theme
    >
    > 339. XP Web\Wallpaper Defaults
    > This is a zip file with all the default XP wallpaper, it includes Bliss.bmp.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:74341AF3-B710-4E6D-85A1-87A94A2C72E8@microsoft.com,
    > Carol S. <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > .Hi,
    > > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is
    > > not.
    > >
    > > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the
    > > .theme file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the
    > > latter comes from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme?
    > > And, by the way, what is Luna?
    > > TIA,
    > > Carol S.

    Opps. Forgot this.

    Bliss is listed as a background, wallpaper.

    Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
    Look in the list under Background

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:74341AF3-B710-4E6D-85A1-87A94A2C72E8@microsoft.com,
    Carol S. <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > .Hi,
    > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is
    > not.
    >
    > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the
    > .theme file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the
    > latter comes from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    >
    > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme?
    > And, by the way, what is Luna?
    > TIA,
    > Carol S.

    Hi, you guys,
    I love you both! Thanks for the promptness and excellence of the replies.
    While I was waiting, I roamed MS and discovered that MS shares!!?? Luna
    (a.k.a bliss) is performing from "resources," and the "3D XP" is a great
    screensaver. My new favorite, however, is the Royale theme from New Zealand.
    In addition, I somehow ended up downloading their Spring and Summer themes
    (and screensavers) in Danish, both commendable. While I intended to get to
    my first ASR backup today, this has been fun. Again, thank you.
    Carol S.

    "Carol S." wrote:

    > .Hi,
    > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is not.
    >
    > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the .theme
    > file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the latter comes
    > from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    >
    > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme? And,
    > by the way, what is Luna?
    > TIA,
    > Carol S.

    Do you have a link for thoses Danish themes?
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, you guys,
    > I love you both! Thanks for the promptness and excellence of the replies.
    > While I was waiting, I roamed MS and discovered that MS shares!!?? Luna
    > (a.k.a bliss) is performing from "resources," and the "3D XP" is a great
    > screensaver. My new favorite, however, is the Royale theme from New Zealand.
    > In addition, I somehow ended up downloading their Spring and Summer themes
    > (and screensavers) in Danish, both commendable. While I intended to get to
    > my first ASR backup today, this has been fun. Again, thank you.
    > Carol S.
    >

    > "Carol S." wrote:
    >
    > > .Hi,
    > > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is not.
    > >
    > > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the .theme
    > > file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the latter comes
    > > from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme? And,
    > > by the way, what is Luna?
    > > TIA,
    > > Carol S.

    A candy-colored clown they call the sandman...

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eH2MsmImFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    t.cruise <t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > You might want to download, install, and check out the Microsoft Royale
    > theme, which I like more than Luna, the newer version of the Bliss
    > wallpaper is nice, and the 3-D effects give Windows XP some new life...
    > (I did change some of the fonts though)...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=131&p=4&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&S

    rcFamilyId=15373c73-d5f6-4af0-b583-d633cb021612&genscs=&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownl
    oad.microsoft.

    com%2fdownload%2fa%2fc%2f4%2fac407ba2-30d2-447b-8c93-83967a92dd9f%2froyale.z
    ip
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply

    >> Luna (Luna.theme) is the Windows XP theme.
    >>
    >> Luna.theme should be in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes
    >>
    >> Bliss.bmp is the file for Bliss wallpaper.
    >>
    >> See if Bliss.bmp is in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

    >> Read the instructions at the top.
    >> 187. right hand side
    >> Restore Luna Theme
    >>
    >> 339. XP Web\Wallpaper Defaults
    >> This is a zip file with all the default XP wallpaper, it includes
    >> Bliss.bmp.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:74341AF3-B710-4E6D-85A1-87A94A2C72E8@microsoft.com,
    >> Carol S. <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> .Hi,
    >>> I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    >>> Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is
    >>> not.
    >>>
    >>> In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    >>> Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    >>> Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the
    >>> .theme file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the
    >>> latter comes from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme?
    >>> And, by the way, what is Luna?
    >>> TIA,
    >>> Carol S.

    Hi,
    Actually, they were more New Zealand themes that I happened to download in
    Danish because English did not seem to be listed. This link will give you a
    start with all of them:
    http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windowsxp/downloads/nzbliss.aspx
    Just keep tracking back. Hope that you are a lover of nature . . . .
    Carol S.

    "t.cruise" wrote:

    > Do you have a link for thoses Danish themes?
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    >

    > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, you guys,
    > > I love you both! Thanks for the promptness and excellence of the replies.
    > > While I was waiting, I roamed MS and discovered that MS shares!!?? Luna
    > > (a.k.a bliss) is performing from "resources," and the "3D XP" is a great
    > > screensaver. My new favorite, however, is the Royale theme from New Zealand.
    > > In addition, I somehow ended up downloading their Spring and Summer themes
    > > (and screensavers) in Danish, both commendable. While I intended to get to
    > > my first ASR backup today, this has been fun. Again, thank you.
    > > Carol S.
    > >

    > > "Carol S." wrote:
    > >
    > > > .Hi,
    > > > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > > > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is not.
    > > >
    > > > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > > > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > > > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the .theme
    > > > file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the latter comes
    > > > from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    > > >
    > > > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme? And,
    > > > by the way, what is Luna?
    > > > TIA,
    > > > Carol S.

    Sorry about the above info. I myself cannot get back to the downloads,
    but the titles of the themes are: Dansk forårstema.msi and
    Dansk sommertema.msi. Perhaps you will have better luck. If you
    identify an address and have broadband, I can easily sent you
    the files.
    Carol S.

    "t.cruise" wrote:

    > Do you have a link for thoses Danish themes?
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    >

    > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, you guys,
    > > I love you both! Thanks for the promptness and excellence of the replies.
    > > While I was waiting, I roamed MS and discovered that MS shares!!?? Luna
    > > (a.k.a bliss) is performing from "resources," and the "3D XP" is a great
    > > screensaver. My new favorite, however, is the Royale theme from New Zealand.
    > > In addition, I somehow ended up downloading their Spring and Summer themes
    > > (and screensavers) in Danish, both commendable. While I intended to get to
    > > my first ASR backup today, this has been fun. Again, thank you.
    > > Carol S.
    > >

    > > "Carol S." wrote:
    > >
    > > > .Hi,
    > > > I have lost the capability to choose Windows XP (the default theme) in
    > > > Display. Windows Classic is there. The screensavers are OK. Bliss is not.
    > > >
    > > > In working with themes, I have the Plus! files working fine in
    > > > Windows\Resources\Themes. My older themes are happier in C:\Program
    > > > Files\Plus!\Themes, altho that really depends on whether or not the .theme
    > > > file needs to appear on an upper level. The manager for the latter comes
    > > > from the wmbonusxp.exe file.
    > > >
    > > > Is there any way to regain the option for Windows XP in Display\Theme? And,
    > > > by the way, what is Luna?
    > > > TIA,
    > > > Carol S.

    Please upload them to:

    http://www.yousendit.com/

    and tell them to notify: t__cruise@hotmail.com

    You do not have to furnish your email address. It is a sweet, easy way to share files.
    Thank you... You can post the url that they give you here so others can download them as
    well...

    --

    > Sorry about the above info. I myself cannot get back to the downloads,
    > but the titles of the themes are: Dansk forårstema.msi and
    > Dansk sommertema.msi. Perhaps you will have better luck. If you
    > identify an address and have broadband, I can easily sent you
    > the files.
    > Carol S.
    >

    > "t.cruise" wrote:
    >
    > > Do you have a link for thoses Danish themes?
    > > --
    > >
    > > T.C.
    > > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    > >

    > > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi, you guys,
    > > > I love you both! Thanks for the promptness and excellence of the replies.
    > > > While I was waiting, I roamed MS and discovered that MS shares!!?? Luna
    > > > (a.k.a bliss) is performing from "resources," and the "3D XP" is a great
    > > > screensaver. My new favorite, however, is the Royale theme from New Zealand.
    > > > In addition, I somehow ended up downloading their Spring and Summer themes
    > > > (and screensavers) in Danish, both commendable. While I intended to get to
    > > > my first ASR backup today, this has been fun. Again, thank you.
    > > > Carol S.

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 01:15:43 +0100, t.cruise wrote
    (in article <eH2MsmImFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>):

    > You might want to download, install, and check out the Microsoft Royale
    > theme, which I
    > like more than Luna, the newer version of the Bliss wallpaper is nice, and
    > the 3-D effects
    > give Windows XP some new life... (I did change some of the fonts though)...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=131&p=4&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcC

    > ategoryId=&S

    rcFamilyId=15373c73-d5f6-4af0-b583-
    d633cb021612&genscs=&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownloa
    > d.microsoft.

    com%2fdownload%2fa%2fc%2f4%2fac407ba2-30d2-447b-8c93-
    83967a92dd9f%2froyale.zip
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply

    That's Vista you're looking at, y'know... ;o)

    And now these files are available for 7 days:

    Dansk forårstema.msi -
    http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31FN3HQIPJFF72I9ZJHGLPTXML

    Dansk sommertema.msi -
    http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06DF7XJRBB8NV066215HDQFSLG

    Thank you, T. Cruise,
    Carol S.

    "t.cruise" wrote:

    > Please upload them to:
    >
    > http://www.yousendit.com/
    >
    > and tell them to notify: t__cruise@hotmail.com
    >
    > You do not have to furnish your email address. It is a sweet, easy way to share files.
    > Thank you... You can post the url that they give you here so others can download them as
    > well...
    >
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    >

    > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry about the above info. I myself cannot get back to the downloads,
    > > but the titles of the themes are: Dansk forårstema.msi and
    > > Dansk sommertema.msi. Perhaps you will have better luck. If you
    > > identify an address and have broadband, I can easily sent you
    > > the files.
    > > Carol S.
    > >

    > > "t.cruise" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Do you have a link for thoses Danish themes?
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > T.C.
    > > > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > > > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    > > >

    > > > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Thank you for uploading the files to YouSendIt. Some of the cursors are interesting, and
    the spring screensaver is nice. The 3D effect of the Royale theme is still my favorite
    though. I have customized some of the Royale theme settings (menu font type and size
    etc.), and it has given new life to Windows XP. I really like the look...
    --

    > And now these files are available for 7 days:
    >
    > Dansk forårstema.msi -
    > http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31FN3HQIPJFF72I9ZJHGLPTXML
    >
    > Dansk sommertema.msi -
    > http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06DF7XJRBB8NV066215HDQFSLG
    >
    > Thank you, T. Cruise,
    > Carol S.
    >

    > "t.cruise" wrote:
    >
    > > Please upload them to:
    > >
    > > http://www.yousendit.com/
    > >
    > > and tell them to notify: t__cruise@hotmail.com
    > >
    > > You do not have to furnish your email address. It is a sweet, easy way to share
    files.
    > > Thank you... You can post the url that they give you here so others can download them
    as
    > > well...
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > T.C.
    > > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    > >

    > > "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Sorry about the above info. I myself cannot get back to the downloads,
    > > > but the titles of the themes are: Dansk forårstema.msi and
    > > > Dansk sommertema.msi. Perhaps you will have better luck. If you
    > > > identify an address and have broadband, I can easily sent you
    > > > the files.
    > > > Carol S.

Bliss Windows XP