Is it 266 or 333Mhz FSB ???

locke_me

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
Hi i'm a bit troubled with this :

I just bought a new mobo(A7N8X) but du to lack of money(delayed for a few weeks), i've put my old t-bird 1200Mhz on it(i mean the one before the XP end MP core,it's been a while ;b ) i knew it could support the 266Mhz FSB but then the bios said it could support the 333Mhz FSB so i put it to 166Mhz and set the multiplier to 7.0 instead of 9.0 * 133Mhz. i obtain a speed of 1162Mhz with it now.

I want to know if it's good if i let it like that since the temperature is perfectly stabble at 53°C and go up in game at a max of 60°C witch is similar to the temperature achieve when set to 133Mhz.if i set the mutiplier at 7.5, the processor locks up in application.

I'd like some tought on this thanks!

Fast is never fast enough!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by locke_me on 01/11/03 08:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
if it is running stably then those temperatures are not a worry.run 3dmark or some other benchmark on it for a while to test the stability.it should be fine-especially if you aren't intending to run it like that for very long.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

locke_me

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
well i'm not sure i'll be able to afford the upgrade for an other 6 months, i'm planning to upgrade my geforce2 firdt so it might be a while before i change it. Should i set it back to 133Mhz? what could happend otherwise?

Fast is never fast enough!

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
if it runs stably and doesn't keep crashing then there's not a problem as far as the cpu is concerned and nothing bad is likely to happen even over the next sixth months or more.just try 3dmark on it and leave it doing it for a few hours as a sure test.if there are stability issues then put the fsb down a little until it is stable.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

locke_me

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
ok thank for the info,i'll try 3Dmark this weekend to ensure myself but so far it seem to be stable.

Fast is never fast enough!