Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Whirlwind pinball bottom upper solenoid not working

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
October 10, 2011 7:40:35 PM

I have a williams whirlwind pinball machine and need some advise on how to repair the bottom upper jet . The solenoid was burnt out so I replaced it and it still will not work . This is the only issue I have . When the ball hits the bumper it will score . I have buzzed all the wiring to make sure that i don't have a break in the wire . This test came back Ok . I have good wiring all the way to the interconnect board throught to the cpu . not really sure what to do now .

Best solution

October 11, 2011 3:43:46 AM

Along with the solenoid something else, like the board might be defective. If the company is no longer in business, try to contact some restoration people.
November 9, 2011 4:06:41 PM

Ubrales said:
Along with the solenoid something else, like the board might be defective. If the company is no longer in business, try to contact some restoration people.

the transistor that drives that solenoid is probably bad . it's a TIP102 on the CPU board. if you have the manual there is a chart that will show you where to find it. Bill.
Score
November 9, 2011 4:22:59 PM

minntech said:
the transistor that drives that solenoid is probably bad . it's a TIP102 on the CPU board. if you have the manual there is a chart that will show you where to find it. Bill.

Newark Electronics
Score
January 28, 2012 4:43:58 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 28, 2012 4:44:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!