armada 7400

Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive
,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on
for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock
lights come on and stay on.
The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive or
floppy.
There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've
tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still the
same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be welcomed.

I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in
case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J

--
jafattz

jafattz wrote:
> Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive
> ,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on
> for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock
> lights come on and stay on.
> The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive or
> floppy.
> There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've
> tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still the
> same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be welcomed.
>
> I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in
> case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J

Hello

I have this model too. When i had to open it up for a repair I found it
very "fussy" as to whether it worked properly when I put it back
together. Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Took 2 or 3 attempts to
get it right.

Solution was to EXACTLY and SLOWLY follow the technical directions for
disassembly & reassembly.

I have a tech. manual in PDF form if you need it. Don't think it has a
schematic though.

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia