New guy w/PS problem *DELETED*
Post deleted by Twofootputt
you positive you got the power switch hooked up to the mobo correct? its not always marked on the mobo or the manual correctly. out of 6 different boards i have worked with, only one had correct documentation for the case connectors. some times they release an insert to correct the mistake, you might want to make damn sure you got it connected right before you rma the psu.
my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!
Hey Just a couple things to check:
1. If the PS has a switch on the back, make sure it's turned on.
2. Make sure power cord is securely plugged in and that surge protector isn't turned off. (I worked on one for 20 min one time before checking for this obvious problem. Duh!)
3. Make sure the the panel connectors are connected properly. Check your manual or better yet, the settings are usually stencilled on the board close to the connector. Usually it is better to go by whats stencilled if it is different from the manual. If you are absolutely sure you have the connectors right, try removing the power switch connector and short the 2 pins with a screwdriver for a second or two.
4. If none of the above works, check the Clear CMOS jumper. Many boards will ship with the jumper set to the "Clear" position, and in many cases, the system will not even power on with the clear CMOS jumper set this way.
5. If none of the above works, it appears that you have a bad PS.
Not a fanboy.... I hate everyone equally.