Inspiron 8200 blue screens with new 200gb USB drive.........

My bios is A07. I did some searching and I've read that the 8200 is
not capable of using 200gb disk. That true?

I also have a 160gb USB drive which work fine. Any help would be
appreciated.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"bitstream" <dryer@maytag.com> wrote in message
> My bios is A07. I did some searching and I've read that the 8200 is
> not capable of using 200gb disk. That true?
>
> I also have a 160gb USB drive which work fine. Any help would be
> appreciated.

You're really downrev on the BIOS. I've been using A11 for a couple of
years.
I don't know if this is your problem but remember that you are using a BIOS
that
never anticipated drives of that size. You might check Dell's Forums to see
if
there is still a limitation with a later BIOS.