internet explorer secure sites

have msn messenger and wont log me in. I cant goto secure sites is the
issue. Also tried to goto windows update page and says cant display page.
ANyone know how to get ie to work with secure sites again?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer secure sites

    Check for Hijackware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

    When all else fails, HijackThis
    (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
    use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.
    **Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    STRETCH wrote:
    > have msn messenger and wont log me in. I cant goto secure sites is the
    > issue. Also tried to goto windows update page and says cant display page.
    > ANyone know how to get ie to work with secure sites again?
    >
    > Thanks

    Have you discovered the problem yet. I have xp mce 2005 I have the same
    thing Cant windows update, log on to hotmail (it says my browser is not
    supported), cant log in to web sites through media centre(it says cannot log
    on check proxy server), i have run adaware,spybot s+d, and had spyware
    blaster installed before my new system went online I really dont believe it
    could be security issues Im thinking something to do with the registry but i
    am new to all this so if you or any one has a solution then please
    heeeeelppppppp....

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Check for Hijackware
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
    >
    > When all else fails, HijackThis
    > (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
    > use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.
    > **Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    > http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
    >
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > STRETCH wrote:
    > > have msn messenger and wont log me in. I cant goto secure sites is the
    > > issue. Also tried to goto windows update page and says cant display page.
    > > ANyone know how to get ie to work with secure sites again?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Internet Explorer MSN Messenger Windows XP