Compaq PResario 7000 series front panel connectors

I have replaced a motherboard for a friend on a Compaq Presario 7000
series. The new motherboard front panel pins do not match exactly the
molex connector supplied by Compaq. I can extract the pins/wires from
the molex, but i need to know what colors go to what on the
motherboard.

Thanks,
-myk

Presario 7000 covers a lot of ground. HP is not exactly forthcoming with
detailed info about front panel wiring.

I would suggest doing what I did with a client's Presario system in need of a
replacement non-Compaq motherboard.

For the on-off button, power LED and hard drive LED, get yourself an old junked
computer case and remove these items to use in the Compaq case. Rewiring the
Compaq case is pretty simple this way, and the result is clean, not messy. For
front panel USB, do pretty much the same. You need to refer to the specs for
the replacement motherboard to determine where everything connects up.

.... Ben Myers