Atlantic Beach, NC - Any Place to Play Pins??

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I'll be down in Atlantic Beach for 2 weeks and wondering if anyone knew
of any places left to play pins in the area? I've seen at least one
pin seller on eBay out of Atlantic Beach. I grew up down in that area
and recall the mid 60's when there were more pins, bowlers, and ball
bats than I could play in an entire weekend. Those days are gone
forever, I'd just settle for a pier with at least one newer pin! Any
help for the Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Morehead City area would be
appreciated!

- Don

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Thanks JB,

If I remember I think Garden City is a bit south, closer into South
Carolina (North of Myrtle Beach) I'll be about 1 1/2 hr north. Garden
City has a nice Fishing pier which may be the area you are recalling.
In Atlantic Beach in the 60's there was a pavilion on the "circle" that
was FULL of pins, pitch & bats and shuffle bowlers...it was a dream
come true for me as a kid. I haven't been back since about '75. I'm
looking forward to it but not expecting to find any arcades left. I'd
love to be suprised though!

- Don

JB wrote:
> [posted and mailed]
> Don,
> We went for about 3 years to that area. I can't remember the main
> north/south route # (17 ?) but there is a great arcade on Atlantic
> Ave that had a bunch of EM pitch & bats (about 6!), along with
> skee balls & a pile of misc games. I remember a few pins but not
> which ones. This was about 4 years ago butI believe it is still there.
> Great place - some friends visited and we sent all the kids down
> there with about $40 - 3 hours later, they all came home with cheap
> prizes & huge smiles. Meanwhile, we got to visit with no kids about!
>
> Good luck - hope this helps. BTW - this is probably considered
> Garden City, not Atlantic Beach but they are in the same spot pretty
> much). Also, there is a pier right there but the arcade is NOT on
> the pier - it is across the street.
> John
>
> "Don" <dlhenson@comcast.net> wrote in news:1118711107.824800.35520
> @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I'll be down in Atlantic Beach for 2 weeks and wondering if anyone knew
> > of any places left to play pins in the area? I've seen at least one
> > pin seller on eBay out of Atlantic Beach. I grew up down in that area
> > and recall the mid 60's when there were more pins, bowlers, and ball
> > bats than I could play in an entire weekend. Those days are gone
> > forever, I'd just settle for a pier with at least one newer pin! Any
> > help for the Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Morehead City area would be
> > appreciated!
> >
> > - Don

JB