Error Message: The Software You Are Installing Has Not Pas..

Hi; I am trying to install my Sharp viewcam VL-NZ100. I run into an error
message and would like to get help resolving this so I can connect my camera
to my compaq computer. I have Windows XP home edition.

The message I get: The software you are using has not passed Windows logo
testing to Verify It's Compatibility with Windows XP...

Please help asap. Thank you very much! Kris
2 answers Last reply
More about error message software installing

    It means that the software manufacturer has not submitted their
    software to Microsoft for certification. It does not mean it will not
    work.

    The error message simply means that the Sharp have not submitted the
    software to Microsoft for testing. In return Microsoft issue a certificate
    so that this error message doesn't popup. My understanding is that Microsoft
    charge for this certification, therefore, some manufacturers' are reluctant
    to pay for the privledge of having the Microsoft certification.
    I have a hauppauge WinTV Nova T digital TV box connected to my PC and get
    exactly the same message when i load the software. I simply press OK and let
    the software install. I haven't had any problems so far.
    As a precaution, if you are the least bit worried, i'd create a system
    restore point prior to installing the viewcam software. If any problems
    occur you can always restore your system at a later date.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "to Verify It's Compatibility with Window" <to Verify It's Compatibility
    with Window@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi; I am trying to install my Sharp viewcam VL-NZ100. I run into an
    > error
    > message and would like to get help resolving this so I can connect my
    > camera
    > to my compaq computer. I have Windows XP home edition.
    >
    > The message I get: The software you are using has not passed Windows logo
    > testing to Verify It's Compatibility with Windows XP...
    >
    > Please help asap. Thank you very much! Kris

Error Message Software Windows XP