Help on MOBO needed : P5 connector

Hi,

I have “acquired” an old Compaq P3 motherboard. This has a 1 GHz
processor but, sadly, no manual.

The board is labeled with “Assembly no. 213855-101” and “Spare no.
203966-001” and it's the P5 connector I'm have problems with. I have a
very in depth look at the HP website, but can't find any detail on the
P5 connector. I did find a dutch language site that did appear to give
the pin identification, but I tried this but the board did not start up.

I have found that plugging the power lead in has started the switch mode
power supply and the board has woken up, but I can't get the button to
make that happen.

Couple of questions;

Does the button have to latch ON or is momentary action is all that is
needed?

Does anyone know a detailed listing of the pin numbers for this P5
connector?

Any help gratefully received.

Steve UK

fred

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:59:51 +0000 (UTC), Stevie T
<quidsin@gmail.com.this.is.not.needed> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have “acquired” an old Compaq P3 motherboard. This has a 1 GHz
>processor but, sadly, no manual.

/ snip

>Does anyone know a detailed listing of the pin numbers for this P5
>connector?
>
>Any help gratefully received.
>
>Steve UK

Pin out for this mobo should be as follows:

1 HDD LED +
3 HDD LED

2 Power LED+
4 Power LED

6 Power SW+
8 Power SW

Haven't been able to figure out yet what the reset switch is.
If anyone has it I would like to know. TIA.

Regards

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

> danielmaianuneswrote:
Hi!

> I've understand the position but what is the pin1?
>
> Representation ::::::.::

2 4 6 8 o o x o o
1 3 o o o o o o o

Leo

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Haven't been able to figure out yet what the reset switch is.
If anyone has it I would like to know. TIA.

Doubtful whether that one is present at all... Compaq pc's don't have
a reset button.

Leo