Status
Not open for further replies.

I have 3 users on mu XP and one of the users does not have a display tap so I
can change the desktop. Right now my desktop is just black. I have
everything else....I can change my screensaver just nothing for my desktop?
Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
--
kmarro

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

kmarro wrote:

> I have 3 users on mu XP and one of the users does not have a display tap so I
> can change the desktop. Right now my desktop is just black. I have
> everything else....I can change my screensaver just nothing for my desktop?
> Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

You don't mean display tab do you? There is no display tab in the
display properties dialog box. If it's the desktop tab then try running
the edit on Kelly's site, line 128, "Restore Desktop and Screensaver
Tabs" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Read the instructions at the top
285. Right hand side
Restore All Display Tabs

Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ECBE43A7-AD3C-4CD3-9597-E7B301A6DB9F@microsoft.com,
kmarro <kmarro@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

kmarro wrote:

> I have 3 users on mu XP and one of the users does not have a display tap
> so I
> can change the desktop. Right now my desktop is just black. I have
> everything else....I can change my screensaver just nothing for my
> desktop? Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

I would also perform a complete malware scan of your system. Then when your
system is clean, follow Rock's and Wesley's suggestions to correct your
issue.

--
William

Mark Slater

Honorable
Missing tabs on Windows DISPLAY utility - way to reactivate worked for me.

I tried the methods provided on the net as of 2013 with my Windows XP service pack 3 to no avail. Solution ended up by loading a theme which "activated" all the dispay tabs; then, going into "Remove Programs" also under Control Panel and deleting that theme. Now, pulling up the Control Panel DISPLAY utility found all the tabs back and all the prior contents that I had become accustom too. Personally, I downloaded the Microsoft Zune desktop theme, installed, then uninstalled. I have no idea what registry entries were reset; but, it turned the tabs back on and I saved the download for the next mysterious tab deactivation.

way to reactivate worked for me.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I'm pleased this worked for you but we prefer not to see old threads from years back raised from the dead. I'll close this one now.