Advice for processor plz

mosuto

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hello i wont to build a new pc but budget is rly low like 400$..
so can u recomend me some good processor for like 100$
after choosing this i could procced to choosing other parts like MB..
If u suggest some nice MB for cheap too i will apreciate it.

Thx in advance

PS: preferably INTEL processors.

humble dexter

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

I'm assuming you want a gaming PC.

As Ubrales just mentioned, you're in luck because Intel just introduced some new sub-100$ CPUs to start competing with AMD's domination in the sub-125$ price range.

Generally speaking I would recommend :
- For less then 125$, without overclocking : G620, G840, G850. These are crippled versions of the I3-2100, and they are priced accordingly.
- For less then 125$, with overclocking : Forget about Intel and go straight for AMD instead. This is the price range where all the fun CPUs you can squeeze some extra value out of are found.
- For around 125$, without overclocking : This time forget about AMD and go straight for the Intel I3-2100 CPU. The locked Intel I3-2100 will give you the performance of an overclocked AMD, but without adding the cost of a better CPU cooler, so Intel wins out here.
- For around 125$, with overclocking : Nothing. There are no unlocked Intel CPUs anywhere near this price, and AMD has apparently given up on even trying to compete with Intel CPUs in the 125$-200$ price range, so locked Intel CPUs are King of the Hill here, and AMD can only hope that nobody wants to buy their CPUs in that price range, because since Sandy Bridge there is simply no more AMD CPU to recommend in that price range.

So in your case, and because you said you would prefer Intel, I would suggest the new Intel G840 with the cheapest H61 based motherboard you can find : G850 isn't worth the extra cost, G620 isn't worth the loss of performance, and by going for Intel G840 (using it's stock cooler) with the cheapest H61 based motherboard you can find, you will have a bit more to spend on the discrete graphics card.

But my best recommendation would be for you to wait a few more days until Tom's hardware reviews those all new Intel G620, G840 and G850, so you understand how much performance you're losing out by not wanting to go with the overclocked AMDs (which probably perform better), or the more expensive Intel I3-2100 (which is less crippled then those new low end Intel processors are).