Headsets

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good morning. I am here to ask you about the Plantronics Gamecom 367 gaming headset. First of all, what do you think about it? Secondly, what is it that my friends hear what I play on my computer with the microphone switched off. And last, but not least can you give me a guide about the microphone boost. Please, help me. Any answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day:)!

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
P.S. I forgot to tell you that acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression is turned on. Thank you again:).

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good morning. First of all, if you don't know what to consider, look at the problems. Just tell me why my friends hear when I listen to my music or watch movies or playing games s.a. on my computer even if I put it on a very low volume.

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Don't forget to consider that the microphone is turned off. This is not happening because I have a medium volume and the microphone turned on.

dantrona

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I'm far off an expert, but if I were to guess, I take it you use a sound card? It might be a lot more helpful for people to help you if you post some specs from your computer so we can brainstorm.

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

Yes, I am sorry. The sound-card is on-board. It is ALC888 a.k.a. Realtek HD Audio. My motherboard is gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L, if you would like to find more. Thank you very much. Have a nice day:)!

dantrona

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
So, I am looking at your headset now, and your motherboard. Are you sure that the Black jack is plugged into the green slot and the red one is plugged into the pink? Just trying to eliminate possibilities (I would understand if you had it plugged it in wrong, Damn Plantronics for changing colors around!)

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

Plantronics has no fault. Both jacks are black and show no difference with the color but it's a sign there. It shows a headphone on the jack that's a headphone and on the other it shows a microphone. So, it's very easy to differentiate.

dantrona

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, But like me, You might have just gone by the color and since the rings on the actual jack is black and one is red, thats how I see which one to plug in where, The black should be jammed into your green plug (The headset jack) and the red-ringed jack (The Microphone) Should be in the pink plug slot.

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good morning. I just want you to tell me everything that may cause my sound getting heard by my friends even though the microphone is turned off. Thank you again. P.S. Don't tell me to check if I plugged it correctly or anything else(bad questions like that because I feel disrespected). Good-bye and have a nice day:)! I am waiting for answers.

dantrona

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I was not trying to disrespect you, I was simply trying to get the simple stuff out of the way first, You never gave me an answer so I assumed you didn't understand what I ment. I apologise for the disrespect and wish you luck in future answers.

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

Very good, that's fine. I perfectly understand you. I have some experience with computers, I am 17 years old and this is my 2nd computer, which means the first computer I had was around the year 2002. Until now I've used my computer so I know much about computers. But I am not an advanced user. So, stay calmed because I will tell you immediately if I do not understand any thing you say. Again, have a nice day:)!

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good morning. Can you please answer my questions? I know it's hard, I know. But tell me something. Thank you for all your support. Have a nice day:)!

rOb3r7

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good afternoon. Thank you anyway, I've founded this problem seemed to be the advanced tab on Realtek HD Audio Manager. Now works perfectly. Anything that I listen is being reduced very good and now my friends will only listen to voices. Have a nice day:)!