Ms framework.net update issues.

rockironwebb

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hello, I searched the above title and did not see any results. My issue is,,,,about a week and a half ago I noticed that every time I shut down my pc, there were updates available. After about three days of this I checked and I have the same 2 updates always available, allegedly always updated at shut down, but always showing back up. If I go into win update and update these 2 manually, I get the green succesfully updated indication, but they are still showing up as "2 important updates available
'. I have searched and tried a few things,,,fix it tool, uninstall the ms framework and re install. I was on chat support for roughly 4 hours over the last couple days and it seems like they gave up on me, last telling me that I need to do a factory recovery. I have had this pc for about 4 months. Absolutely everything is running fine, just this update deal, which is mostly an annoyance,,,not sure if is putting any un needed stress on my pc. I have gotten wonderful help here before and am hoping that maby someone can help,,,I would prefer not to have to do a factory recovery.

HP DV 7
Win 7
intel core i7
8GB RAM
128GB SSD primary
750 GB secondary

rockironwebb5150

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I've tried all three links provided given in this thread and the issue persist. I may have fixed it anyway?hopefully? I completely uninstalled both the MS framework client and extended. I did a fresh install on the client,,,have yet to download the extended. I have absolutely no idea what this ms framework even does. All is working well on my pc so far. Can anyone tell me what the "extended" is and if it is even unnecessary?

rockironwebb5150

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I believe my issue has been resolved for the most part. I have the MS net framework client back on my pc although the "extended" does not appear. I no longer have the updates showing up. I completely removed both client profile and the extended from my pc,,,,I then downloaded MS .net framework client profile from MS. Last night I went to the link given by scout 03 in this thread and ran it. After it downloaded there were 8 updates relating to framework. These all installed without any problems. I am currently having no pc issues(although I was not having any before other than the persistent update notification). I will continue to look around and find out about the MS net framework extended. I wish I would have come to this forum before I wasted 4 hours with HP support. I am glad I did not follow their advice and perform the factory recovery. Thank you to everyone who took time out of their day to help me out.