Cannot logon

August 3, 2005 11:21:25 PM

Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user name,
it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work, but
then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings" and I
get returned to the welcome screen !!

It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
Please Help

More about : logon

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 11:25:02 AM

I too have developed the above problem and when I try to go to the site
listed by Ramesh I get redirected to a search site.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks

"Sudianto" wrote:

> Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user name,
> it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work, but
> then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings" and I
> get returned to the welcome screen !!
>
> It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
> Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
> Please Help
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 2:40:39 PM

See if this applies.

Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe:
http://www.lavahelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Sudianto" <Sudianto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user
> name,
> it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work,
> but
> then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings"
> and I
> get returned to the welcome screen !!
>
> It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
> Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
> Please Help
August 5, 2005 12:24:13 AM

Try here: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
See section "Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind"

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I too have developed the above problem and when I try to go to the site
> listed by Ramesh I get redirected to a search site.
>
> Any other Ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Sudianto" wrote:
>
>> Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user
>> name,
>> it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work,
>> but
>> then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings"
>> and I
>> get returned to the welcome screen !!
>>
>> It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
>> Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
>> Please Help
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:24:14 AM

Yep taht got it thank you

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Try here: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
> See section "Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind"
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I too have developed the above problem and when I try to go to the site
> > listed by Ramesh I get redirected to a search site.
> >
> > Any other Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Sudianto" wrote:
> >
> >> Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user
> >> name,
> >> it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work,
> >> but
> >> then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings"
> >> and I
> >> get returned to the welcome screen !!
> >>
> >> It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
> >> Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
> >> Please Help

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:11:42 PM

You're welcome.

--

> Yep taht got it thank you
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Try here: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
>> See section "Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind"
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I too have developed the above problem and when I try to go to the site
>> > listed by Ramesh I get redirected to a search site.
>> >
>> > Any other Ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:18:03 PM

Ramesh,

I am having the same trouble. However, the solution in the WSAUpdater
article does not seem to be the fix. The keys are already as they should be.

Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you,

Tim

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yep taht got it thank you
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Try here: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
> >> See section "Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind"
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:33:02 AM

Hi Tim,

See if this applies:

A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ramesh,
>
> I am having the same trouble. However, the solution in the WSAUpdater
> article does not seem to be the fix. The keys are already as they should
> be.
>
> Do you have other suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tim
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> You're welcome.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Yep taht got it thank you

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:33:03 AM

Ramesh,

Thank you for your reply. This article does not appear to address the issue
I am having. Specifically, a password is required to login, and the article
describes a situation where a password is not required.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thank you again,

Tim

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> See if this applies:
>
> A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ramesh,
> >
> > I am having the same trouble. However, the solution in the WSAUpdater
> > article does not seem to be the fix. The keys are already as they should
> > be.
> >
> > Do you have other suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> You're welcome.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 4:00:28 PM

Tim,

Is the problem seen for all the user accounts, or one in particular? If this
happens to all the profiles, it's a good idea to re-inspect the Userinit
value (as well as the Registry value type, and ensure that there is a
trailing comma after the userinit.exe, value). To view the Userinit
valuedata, you may need to edit the registry offline.

--

> Ramesh,
>
> Thank you for your reply. This article does not appear to address the
> issue
> I am having. Specifically, a password is required to login, and the
> article
> describes a situation where a password is not required.
>
> Do you have any other thoughts?
>
> Thank you again,
>
> Tim
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> See if this applies:
>>
>> A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ramesh,
>> >
>> > I am having the same trouble. However, the solution in the WSAUpdater
>> > article does not seem to be the fix. The keys are already as they
>> > should
>> > be.
>> >
>> > Do you have other suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > Tim

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:45:03 PM

Ramesh,

The problem occurs for all (two) user accounts - one administrator, one
power user. It also occurs in safe mode.

I have checked the userinit value several times - there is definately a comma.

Thank you,

Tim

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Is the problem seen for all the user accounts, or one in particular? If this
> happens to all the profiles, it's a good idea to re-inspect the Userinit
> value (as well as the Registry value type, and ensure that there is a
> trailing comma after the userinit.exe, value). To view the Userinit
> valuedata, you may need to edit the registry offline.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ramesh,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply. This article does not appear to address the
> > issue
> > I am having. Specifically, a password is required to login, and the
> > article
> > describes a situation where a password is not required.
> >
> > Do you have any other thoughts?
> >
> > Thank you again,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tim,
> >>
> >> See if this applies:
> >>
> >> A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages:
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:14:02 PM

Ramesh,

I have resolved the issue with my old drive not booting. I removed the
DosDrives from the registry.

Thank you for your help.

Tim

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Is the problem seen for all the user accounts, or one in particular? If this
> happens to all the profiles, it's a good idea to re-inspect the Userinit
> value (as well as the Registry value type, and ensure that there is a
> trailing comma after the userinit.exe, value). To view the Userinit
> valuedata, you may need to edit the registry offline.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ramesh,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply. This article does not appear to address the
> > issue
> > I am having. Specifically, a password is required to login, and the
> > article
> > describes a situation where a password is not required.
> >
> > Do you have any other thoughts?
> >
> > Thank you again,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tim,
> >>
> >> See if this applies:
> >>
> >> A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages:
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:33:47 PM

Tim,

>> old drive not booting

Is that a different problem, or the same logon-logoff issue?

--

> Ramesh,
>
> I have resolved the issue with my old drive not booting. I removed the
> DosDrives from the registry.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Tim
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> Is the problem seen for all the user accounts, or one in particular? If
>> this
>> happens to all the profiles, it's a good idea to re-inspect the Userinit
>> value (as well as the Registry value type, and ensure that there is a
>> trailing comma after the userinit.exe, value). To view the Userinit
>> valuedata, you may need to edit the registry offline.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ramesh,
>> >
>> > Thank you for your reply. This article does not appear to address the
>> > issue
>> > I am having. Specifically, a password is required to login, and the
>> > article
>> > describes a situation where a password is not required.
>> >
>> > Do you have any other thoughts?
>> >
>> > Thank you again,
>> >
>> > Tim

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:33:48 PM

Same issue. Sorry, I copied the reply from another chat where I was tracking
two related issues.

Anyway, removing the DosDrives resolved the login/logout issue.

Thank you.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Tim,
>
> >> old drive not booting
>
> Is that a different problem, or the same logon-logoff issue?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ramesh,
> >
> > I have resolved the issue with my old drive not booting. I removed the
> > DosDrives from the registry.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Tim,
> >>
> >> Is the problem seen for all the user accounts, or one in particular? If
> >> this
> >> happens to all the profiles, it's a good idea to re-inspect the Userinit
> >> value (as well as the Registry value type, and ensure that there is a
> >> trailing comma after the userinit.exe, value). To view the Userinit
> >> valuedata, you may need to edit the registry offline.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:11:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback Tim. I'm saving this conversation in my Notes folder
for future use.

--

> Same issue. Sorry, I copied the reply from another chat where I was
> tracking
> two related issues.
>
> Anyway, removing the DosDrives resolved the login/logout issue.
>
> Thank you.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Tim,

>> Is that a different problem, or the same logon-logoff issue?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ramesh,
>> >
>> > I have resolved the issue with my old drive not booting. I removed the
>> > DosDrives from the registry.
>> >
>> > Thank you for your help.
>> >
>> > Tim

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 1:35:43 AM

Hi Ramesh, I too have this problem after running a registry optimizer.
My PC does exactly the same thing, "saving personal settings" then
logs off. I tried the XP recovery console as you suggested but it
doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated. I
am pretty much a casual user and I try not to get too technical.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:38:15 AM

Hi,

Not Ramesh but, if this is what I think it is, then see this:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#blazefind

It would have helped if you included the original post(s) in your reply so
that others will have a clue as to what you are talking about.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"trottsky" <trotterx2@myway-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:p EMOe.103410$576.101746@fe02.news.easynews.com...
> Hi Ramesh, I too have this problem after running a registry optimizer.
> My PC does exactly the same thing, "saving personal settings" then
> logs off. I tried the XP recovery console as you suggested but it
> doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated. I
> am pretty much a casual user and I try not to get too technical.

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:02:01 PM

I too am having this problem. I did the steps about userinit.exe thru copy
and registry and actually got in normal one, but not again. i could though
then go in thru safe mode and I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and
antispyware and am now back to cannot go in normal or safe under any user
name. Administartor even shows account restrictions now. Where in the
registry are these DOS drive settings as i do have a offline registry editor,
but have to know where going as Linux(text) based).

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback Tim. I'm saving this conversation in my Notes folder
> for future use.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Same issue. Sorry, I copied the reply from another chat where I was
> > tracking
> > two related issues.
> >
> > Anyway, removing the DosDrives resolved the login/logout issue.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Tim,

> >> Is that a different problem, or the same logon-logoff issue?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:33:40 AM

I used BART PE, checked Winlogon, correct, deleted deve entries an still
cannot login Safe or normal. Checked Run entries in registry also and no
shutdown in them. Any way to get to start entries?

--
Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

"Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" wrote:

> I too am having this problem. I did the steps about userinit.exe thru copy
> and registry and actually got in normal one, but not again. i could though
> then go in thru safe mode and I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and
> antispyware and am now back to cannot go in normal or safe under any user
> name. Administartor even shows account restrictions now. Where in the
> registry are these DOS drive settings as i do have a offline registry editor,
> but have to know where going as Linux(text) based).
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the feedback Tim. I'm saving this conversation in my Notes folder
> > for future use.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Same issue. Sorry, I copied the reply from another chat where I was
> > > tracking
> > > two related issues.
> > >
> > > Anyway, removing the DosDrives resolved the login/logout issue.
> > >
> > > Thank you.

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:07:01 PM

>> I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and antispyware

What was assigned to the userinit value? I believe there is still a Malware
left.

For the userinit, make suere that there is a trailing comma after the full
path.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" <Dwight, MCSE, MCDST@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:843097F7-386B-4276-9D96-79D54A3567BD@microsoft.com...
>I too am having this problem. I did the steps about userinit.exe thru copy
> and registry and actually got in normal one, but not again. i could
> though
> then go in thru safe mode and I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and
> antispyware and am now back to cannot go in normal or safe under any user
> name. Administartor even shows account restrictions now. Where in the
> registry are these DOS drive settings as i do have a offline registry
> editor,
> but have to know where going as Linux(text) based).
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the feedback Tim. I'm saving this conversation in my Notes
>> folder
>> for future use.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Same issue. Sorry, I copied the reply from another chat where I was
>> > tracking
>> > two related issues.
>> >
>> > Anyway, removing the DosDrives resolved the login/logout issue.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:07:02 PM

c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, (included the comma)

Dwight

--
Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> >> I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and antispyware
>
> What was assigned to the userinit value? I believe there is still a Malware
> left.
>
> For the userinit, make suere that there is a trailing comma after the full
> path.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" <Dwight, MCSE, MCDST@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:843097F7-386B-4276-9D96-79D54A3567BD@microsoft.com...
> >I too am having this problem. I did the steps about userinit.exe thru copy
> > and registry and actually got in normal one, but not again. i could
> > though
> > then go in thru safe mode and I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and
> > antispyware and am now back to cannot go in normal or safe under any user
> > name. Administartor even shows account restrictions now. Where in the
> > registry are these DOS drive settings as i do have a offline registry
> > editor,
> > but have to know where going as Linux(text) based).
> >

> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the feedback Tim. I'm saving this conversation in my Notes
> >> folder
> >> for future use.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Tim Hombs" <TimHombs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:26:35 PM

Ok. About the DosDevices, see:

http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windo...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, (included the comma)
>
> Dwight
>

> --
> Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

>> What was assigned to the userinit value? I believe there is still a
>> Malware
>> left.
>>
>> For the userinit, make suere that there is a trailing comma after the
>> full
>> path.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" <Dwight, MCSE, MCDST@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:843097F7-386B-4276-9D96-79D54A3567BD@microsoft.com...
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:26:36 PM

After seeing tehposts on Bart PE last night I got it (it really is a great
proram, wish I had known about it longer) and went in and removed the 3 DOS
devices (a, c and d) Had no effect on machine.

Dwight

--
Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Ok. About the DosDevices, see:
>
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windo...
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, (included the comma)
> >
> > Dwight
> >

> > --
> > Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

> >> What was assigned to the userinit value? I believe there is still a
> >> Malware
> >> left.
> >>
> >> For the userinit, make suere that there is a trailing comma after the
> >> full
> >> path.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP Shell/User
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" <Dwight, MCSE, MCDST@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote
> >> in message news:843097F7-386B-4276-9D96-79D54A3567BD@microsoft.com...

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:29:58 PM

Additional help:

The first one is very informative!

Unable to Log on if the Boot Partition Drive Letter Has Changed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249321/

How to restore the system/boot drive letter in Windows:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q223188/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, (included the comma)
>
> Dwight
>

> --
> Dwight, MCSE, MCDST

>> What was assigned to the userinit value? I believe there is still a
>> Malware
>> left.
>>
>> For the userinit, make suere that there is a trailing comma after the
>> full
>> path.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Dwight, MCSE, MCDST" <Dwight, MCSE, MCDST@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:843097F7-386B-4276-9D96-79D54A3567BD@microsoft.com...
>> >I too am having this problem. I did the steps about userinit.exe thru
>> >copy
>> > and registry and actually got in normal one, but not again. i could
>> > though
>> > then go in thru safe mode and I ran registry cleaner and anti-virus and
>> > antispyware and am now back to cannot go in normal or safe under any
>> > user
>> > name. Administartor even shows account restrictions now. Where in the
>> > registry are these DOS drive settings as i do have a offline registry
>> > editor,
>> > but have to know where going as Linux(text) based).

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:53:45 PM

Running out of ideas, Dwight. Can't think of anything else than a repair
install.

--

> After seeing tehposts on Bart PE last night I got it (it really is a great
> proram, wish I had known about it longer) and went in and removed the 3
> DOS
> devices (a, c and d) Had no effect on machine.
>
> Dwight
>

> --
> Dwight, MCSE, MCDST
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Ok. About the DosDevices, see:
>>
>> http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windo...
>>
>> --
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 2:55:03 PM

This is exactly the problem that I am having. It started after an Ad-Aware
scan and fix. I have followed the instructions in your link and yet I am
still getting the same problem. I have been unable to login to change the
registry. The date/time and size of both userinit.exe and wsaupdater.exe are
the same(8/04/04/12:56 and 24576) Should I use a copy from another computer?
Is there a way to fix the registry if I can't login? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Try here: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
> See section "Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind"
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Not Super User" <NotSuperUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I too have developed the above problem and when I try to go to the site
> > listed by Ramesh I get redirected to a search site.
> >
> > Any other Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Sudianto" wrote:
> >
> >> Now I am not able to login as Administrator. When I click on the user
> >> name,
> >> it briefly says "loading personal settings", as if it is going to work,
> >> but
> >> then the screen flashes and the display says "saving personal settings"
> >> and I
> >> get returned to the welcome screen !!
> >>
> >> It happend after Deleting some registry informations..
> >> Another problem, I cannot boot into safe mode.
> >> Please Help

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:21:43 PM

Edit the registry offline (using BartPE boot CD), and inspect the Userinit
value.

!