Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer reboot disk

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 2, 2009 1:21:49 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 that won't boot up. I can't start in safe mode or recovery mode. I can choose to go to an earlier know working version but the computer just restarts w/o booting into window. Chkdsk found "System volume on disk is corrupt" , error code 0x1f

More about : acer reboot disk

Best solution

December 2, 2009 4:20:27 PM

Try to use System File Checker tool. It scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

1. click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

more info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
December 5, 2009 7:43:27 AM

ibnsina said:
Try to use System File Checker tool. It scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

1. click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

more info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Thank you for the info on SFC. I am not able to get to the start button in windows, the comp just keeps rebooting. Is SFC something that I can run at CL?
m
l
Related resources
December 5, 2009 9:02:33 AM

great tips, I like this kind of tweaking.
by the way is this applicable in windows xp?

thanks.
m
l
December 5, 2009 9:59:18 AM

When you turn the system on, hold down F8 and try to go to Command mode, then go to C:\Windows\System32.

To go to system32 directory at the command prompt type;

cd c:\windows\system32

Then type;
sfc /scannow
.......................................................................................
Dont you have Windows CD/DVD?

You meant you cant go to Acer Recovery mode or Windows Recovery mode ?

If you press Alt + F10 it should load up acer recovery mode.

.......................................................................................
I wonder if your hard drive got bad sectors.
m
l
December 5, 2009 10:01:17 AM

Yes its available in Windows xp too.
m
l
December 7, 2009 1:30:04 AM

Quote:
I have an Acer Aspire 5315 that won't boot up. I can't start in safe mode or recovery mode. I can choose to go to an earlier know working version but the computer just restarts w/o booting into window. Chkdsk found "System volume on disk is corrupt" , error code 0x1f

Thanks for all the posts guys : )
It's my sister inlaws comp and she only wants her music and family photos off the HD, hard time to tell her to back up the drive lol.

So I bought a Kingwin usi-2535 adapter to turn the HD into a mass storage device and hopefully recover her data, only problem now is that the device is freezing up my computer and I'm getting a message that explorer has stopped working.
So I'll exchange it and give it another shot. I can't seem to find any help pages on Kingwin 2535 so if you all have any thoughts I'm listening. Thanks again
m
l
!