Disable mouse from standby wake-up

Can someone tell me how you disable the mouse from
wake-up for XP sp2; And just use the keyboard for movement.

In win98 it worked like this:
Deactivate mouse from wake up in sleep mode
for win 98.

1) start/ run type in: "regedit"

2) goto: hkey_local_machine open : Enum

3) open bios folder.

4) goto folder : PNP0F13

5) drop down to find configflags in one of its folders called "OD"

6) change original setting from: 00 00 00 00 to: 00 00 01 00

and thats it .

How's it work for this version ???
2 answers Last reply
More about disable mouse standby wake

    Start > Run > devmgmt.msc

    Expand "Mice...." entry and right-click on mouse > Properties > Power
    Management tab

    Uncheck relevant option

    Jon

    "Mr.Mike" <MrMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone tell me how you disable the mouse from
    > wake-up for XP sp2; And just use the keyboard for movement.
    >
    > In win98 it worked like this:
    > Deactivate mouse from wake up in sleep mode
    > for win 98.
    >
    > 1) start/ run type in: "regedit"
    >
    > 2) goto: hkey_local_machine open : Enum
    >
    > 3) open bios folder.
    >
    > 4) goto folder : PNP0F13
    >
    > 5) drop down to find configflags in one of its folders called "OD"
    >
    > 6) change original setting from: 00 00 00 00 to: 00 00 01 00
    >
    > and thats it .
    >
    > How's it work for this version ???

    Jon, the only tabs there are:
    General, advanced settings, driver, details & resources
    ??
    I do not see any power management options.

    Mike
    "Jon" wrote:

    > Start > Run > devmgmt.msc
    >
    > Expand "Mice...." entry and right-click on mouse > Properties > Power
    > Management tab
    >
    > Uncheck relevant option
    >
    > Jon
    >

    > "Mr.Mike" <MrMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can someone tell me how you disable the mouse from
    > > wake-up for XP sp2; And just use the keyboard for movement.
    > >
    > > In win98 it worked like this:
    > > Deactivate mouse from wake up in sleep mode
    > > for win 98.
    > >
    > > 1) start/ run type in: "regedit"
    > >
    > > 2) goto: hkey_local_machine open : Enum
    > >
    > > 3) open bios folder.
    > >
    > > 4) goto folder : PNP0F13
    > >
    > > 5) drop down to find configflags in one of its folders called "OD"
    > >
    > > 6) change original setting from: 00 00 00 00 to: 00 00 01 00
    > >
    > > and thats it .
    > >
    > > How's it work for this version ???

Mice Microsoft Windows XP