tech, TZ help

Ok, I WAS happy, I fixed all the bugs in Dredd, now I moved to TZ just
to play and enjoy, well some lights were out, checked over the game,
found why, a plug was loose, in checking however, the clock now does
not want to work, as it stands right now, when I turn the game on it
tells me to check F115, F116, J112 and the 12V opto power supply, the 2
fuses are fine, the J112 is connected, but now I am lost. Any help or
thoughts?

Thanks
Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about tech help

    Well, it could be a couple of things, but I need to go to bed. Check the
    fuses themselves, of blown replace. THEN, See if U20 2809 chip is socketed
    on your CPU board or not, if yes, replace with a new one, then recheck. U14
    might be dead too. It'd be great if you have a spare CPU board. All that
    done, still a problem?
    Check bridge rectifier BR5 and it's associated capacitor (C30?, I can't
    remember at the moment).
    All good there? Check all optos for shorts. All good there? Rise the
    playfield, take a look at the opto board underneath the playfield and if
    everything is okay there.

    Is your clock motor working, just the optos are not?

    Report back with your findings. Best of luck.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "Balboa Rules" <scascella@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Ok, I WAS happy, I fixed all the bugs in Dredd, now I moved to TZ just
    > to play and enjoy, well some lights were out, checked over the game,
    > found why, a plug was loose, in checking however, the clock now does
    > not want to work, as it stands right now, when I turn the game on it
    > tells me to check F115, F116, J112 and the 12V opto power supply, the 2
    > fuses are fine, the J112 is connected, but now I am lost. Any help or
    > thoughts?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Steve

    Ok, I am going to tear into the game again this morning, I need to find
    the opto board. I have checked the two fuses listed on the display,
    and they are fine. The clock does work, but the hour opto's do not
    seem to work.

    Steve

    Got most of it back, but it still keeps coming up the clock is broken,
    it seems the hours are not working

    > Got most of it back, but it still keeps coming up the clock is broken,
    > it seems the hours are not working

    Check to see that the optos arent dirty....make sure they are clean
    before you try the hard stuff....

    Fwed

Games Video Games