Windows Won't Detect Repair Disk on Boot!

ubermonkey101

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Background
Hey guys, I've got a CyberPower desktop computer which has worked great for over a year now. I was having some problems with my hard drive and so I started to attempt to improve it by first doing a disk check and then disabling some programs launching when the computer starts, making sure not to touch the Microsoft ones. Now when I start my computer I'm greeted with a message from the windows boot manager saying "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause" the status is "0xc000000f and the info is "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible".

Problem
The major problem that I'm having is that when I put in the CyberPower disc which contains Windows 7, it seems to just ignore it! What can I do?

Your gonna have to go into bios and make sure your boot order is set up properly, first I would make sure the hard drive with windows is in the #1 slot. If that doesn't solve your "boot selection failed" problem then work with the windows cd. Do this by putting the disk in the drive and selecting the dvd drive as the primary boot device.

ubermonkey101

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Oh weird, I set CD as the boot priority in the boot menu for the second time, the first time it gave me a disk read error, but now it seems to work... Now to see if I can repair it.