Anybody ever tried other P4s (or Celerons) in a Dimension ..

I have a Dimension 3000 chassis here without the original processor, but I
cannot immediately get my hands on one of the Celeron D or P4 processors that
ship with the box. Does the Dimension 3000 motherboard accept older and slower
Pentium 4s with 533MHz bus? Anybody tried it? Thanks... Ben Myers

Just about any Socket 478 desktop P4 except the rare 1066 MHz bus units
will work.

Ben Myers wrote:
> I have a Dimension 3000 chassis here without the original processor, but I
> cannot immediately get my hands on one of the Celeron D or P4 processors that
> ship with the box. Does the Dimension 3000 motherboard accept older and slower
> Pentium 4s with 533MHz bus? Anybody tried it? Thanks... Ben Myers

Thanks, Edward. That's what I thought after reading the specs of the comparable
Intel 865 chipset board. I want to rule out the possibility of the BIOS getting
in the way. I apparently have a dead board here, then. Known good power supply
with only the floppy, keyboard, mouse and video connected up. No action at all
when I press the front button. I guess I need to rule out the possibility of a
bad push button, then request a replacement board from Dell under warranty.

.... Ben Myers