Explorer Shortcut problems

I have a shortcut to Windows Explorer, making me able to open it by
pressing CTRL-ALT-E. And that works the first time. But if I try
pressing it again, I get no new Explorer Windows. Why not?

I have the same shortcut at work, and there I get a new windows each
time I press CTRL-ALT-E. But I can't find any differences :-(

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Good morning, Lars-Erik,

Try this: Open Internet Explorer browser. From its menu, select Tools, Internet Options. Click Advanced tab.
Uncheck the option "Reuse windows for launching Shortcuts."

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Maurice N ~ MVP skrev:

> Try this: Open Internet Explorer browser. From its menu, select Tools, Internet Options. Click Advanced tab.
> Uncheck the option "Reuse windows for launching Shortcuts."

Have tried both settings. Only affect Internet Explorer when clicking
links in mails, programs etc. Not when launching Explorer from
keyboard shortcut. Have the same setting at home and at wokr here too.

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Instead,you may try combination Win+E to launch Windows Explorer.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

S.Sengupta skrev:

> Instead,you may try combination Win+E to launch Windows Explorer.

That's locked (I have used som policies, and that shortcut is inactive
because of that, that's why I need the other keyboard shortcut :)

By the way, this setting is also equal at home and at work :)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Lars-Erik,

Take a closer look at the properties for your shortcut. In the Target block, be sure to have the /n switch with your setting for Explorer.
e.g., C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n

That will take care of it. Happy computing.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Maurice N ~ MVP skrev:

> Take a closer look at the properties for your shortcut. In the Target block, be sure to have the /n switch with your setting for Explorer.
> e.g., C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n

Does that stand for "new", but I don't have that at work either, and
there a new window still is opened :-/

Besides, if I click on the shortcut (with the mouse) then a new
Windows is opened. It's only when I use the CTRL-ALT-E that it fails
to open a new window (at home, at work it opens a new one). :-/

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

TRENDING THREADS