FS: Project Grand Lizard in Ohio

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2005 11:19:44 AM

I have a Grand Lizard project for sale in Ohio.

Here is what you get:

Cab/head/lightboard with all wiring
Playfield mostly complete. Missing most plastics (does have the
left/right ramp and an unbroken red lizard tounge) and possibly the
upper 4 bank drop targets. I have someone that was interested in them.
Will know if they will be included by 6/15/05. If you have questions if
parts are there, just ask.
Coin door
PFglass, lock bar
Shooter assembly

The side are is in decent and presentable shape.

No legs

Also there will be included a second cab included that has the
Cab/head/lightboard with all wiring. No side art.

Looking for $200/obo

Drop me a line

Thanks
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 12:53:09 PM

Additional: there are no boards in the cabs.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 7:47:18 PM

Well I was not getting many offers for the parts and someone here on
the board suggested putting the pieces together to make a fairly
complete one. I only parted out the water damaged one. I never got
time to part out the one with the PF on it . I just offered to sell
parts on it. Not much interest. But I have someone that is interested
in the project so it may work out.
June 14, 2005 10:10:58 PM

I don't get it....
You parted out the machine and now you want to sell the picked-over carcass as a "project"?
Just finish stripping the parts and bury the remains. May the Lizard rest in peace....

Matt

<caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1118764389.093598.16690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Additional: there are no boards in the cabs.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:41:32 AM

arent these the same 2 grand lizards in Ohio that sold on ebay a few
months back for 50.00? i remember they were very parted out and that
one was water damged. i was going to bid but missed it by a few hours.
oh well.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:45:59 PM

Yes they are. Turns out they were not as parted out as the seller said
they were. He just did not realize what he had.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:28:33 AM

actually i did. im the guy that sold them on ebay. i bought both the
machines about 2 years ago for $150.00. parted them out (some playfield
parts, boards, displays, backglass, etc...) and made about $800.00. So
i think i did pretty good :-). i sold what was left of them becuase i
needed the garage space and got tired of messing with them.

Tom

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:26:40 PM

I'm the guy that ended up with the 'water damaged' playfield. It
cleaned up sweet. I was more than happy to pay the winner of that $50
auction $200 for the pf, bg and plastics, er, umm because somebody
didn't want to part their auction out. Some minor touch-ups and
clearcoating and it sure looks better than the POS I got off eBay for
$550. The boards and mechanicals were near perfect anyways. I now
have a pretty sweet lizard for under $900. Anybody want to buy some
rusty posts? Actually, I do still have a fairly decent backglass if
anyone's looking.
-Gregg

ceckitti wrote:
> actually i did. im the guy that sold them on ebay. i bought both the
> machines about 2 years ago for $150.00. parted them out (some playfield
> parts, boards, displays, backglass, etc...) and made about $800.00. So
> i think i did pretty good :-). i sold what was left of them becuase i
> needed the garage space and got tired of messing with them.
>
> Tom
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:47:07 PM

I just removed the last of the mylar on my GL last night. Man it
shines up nice and looks way better w/o the mylar on it. However
putting the mylar on it sure saved the lower pf.

I am with you Gregg, the guy had the games but would not part them out
to make even more money. But he says he knew what he had???? Yeaaaa
okkkkkk You made $800 out of them. Maybe you did, I doubt it though.
If so, why did you not sell the Bg Gregg got, why did you not sell the
pf Gregg got, why not the plastics Gregg bought? Come on fella, I
highly doubt you had a clue what you had and are now kicking your self
for it. But hey we all live in learn. Its not like you sold on a TZ
and never knew its value.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:07:45 PM

And yet your an asset to the group so much that when a member asked for
you to help them and sell parts from a parts machine that only went for
$50 on ebay, you could not make the time to do so???? You could have
spent a few minutes of your "precious"time to help Gregg out, make a
few extra $$ and the games still would have gone for $50 on ebay.

Yep, you have a clue alright buddy, a clue about being an ASS-et!

I have no problem calling you out. I call them as I see them. An you
have been called out!

Mike
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:30:19 PM

what the hell are you talking about? who asked me to sell what parts
from what machine????

and help gregg with what???????? do you even know what you are talking
about?

tom
July 2, 2005 4:57:38 PM

> I have no problem calling you out. I call them as I see them. An you
> have been called out!

Actually, Tom's a real stand-up guy. You had no reason to call him an
idiot in your other post. Makes you look petty and greedy.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:04:28 PM

lets be fair, he never called me an "idiot" himself. those were my
words. i just took offence by him saying that im kicking myself and not
having a clue for selling 2 parted out cabinets that i no longer
wanted.

but thanks for the nice words ;-).

Tom

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:31:36 PM

Tom ,

If you read Gregg post above, he mentiones he asked you to part out one
of the games and you would not do so.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:37:38 PM

I never called him and idiot. I was just being a smart ass like I
thought he was being. I have no hard feelings for Tom. I dont even
know him. Geez, this thread was just started out to sell a few parts
and look where it has gone. I am not petty and greedy. Ask anyone who
has bought the parts from this machine from me. (Email me and I will
give you their names if you really want to) I am selling the parts
incredibley cheap. I am only trying to help people out. Some of the
stuff I am giving away and only charging actual shipping. One guy I
did not even charge for the part or for shipping. I think this got way
out of hand. So to Tom, I am sorry, I guess I chose the wrong words.
Had I know the person who sold the cabs on ebay was a member on the
boards here I would never had made the comments. Ok...everybody happy.
No offense was ever intended. I am not an ass, I was just kidding and
it went to far.

Mike
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:43:02 PM

I wasn't trying to get this into a pissing contest. I just felt I was
being attacked for no reason. You said you doubt that I made 800.00
from what I parted out.... 2 sets of working system 11 boards = about
600.00, The other backglass = 100.00, Working sys 11 displays = 100.00+
and the plastics from the non flooded pf about 50 -100.00.

As for Greg asking me to part the machine out.... NO BODY ever asked me
to part the machine out specifically for them.

I offered these to the group 2 years ago and got no response.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/b...

Like I said before, everything that was left that was sold as 1 lot on
ebay was covered in mud and I just didn't have the time or desire to
clean them up, so I posted them as-is figuring that whoever got them
would get a good deal but just have to put the work into it.

Since you were man enough to apologize, I will do the same and say IM
sorry for anything out of line I said. Since we are both in Ohio, maybe
we will run into each other someday and play a few games.

Tom

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:02:08 PM

i wasn't trying to get this into a pissing contest. I just felt I was
being attacked for no reason. You said you doubt that I made 800.00
from what I parted out.... 2 sets of working system 11 boards = about
600.00, The other backglass = 100.00, Working sys 11 displays = 100.00+

and the plastics from the non flooded pf about 50 -100.00.

As for Greg asking me to part the machine out.... NO BODY ever asked me

to part the machine out specifically for them.

I offered these to the group 2 years ago and got no response.

http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/rec.games.pinball/browse­_frm/thre....

Like I said before, everything that was left that was sold as 1 lot on
ebay I just didn't have the time or desire to clean them up, so I
posted them as-is figuring that whoever got them
would get a good deal but just have to put the work into it.

Since you were man enough to apologize, I will do the same and say IM
sorry for anything out of line I said. Since we are both in Ohio, maybe

we will run into each other someday and play a few games.

Tom

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/c­eckitti/
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:45:35 PM

Well I think it just got off track like a lot of the topics on the
boards here offten do. Nothing was meant as a personal attack on you.
Thank you for the apology. Hopefully we will run into one another and
can play a few. Take care and have a great 4th.

Mike
!