FS: Project Grand Lizard in Ohio

I have a Grand Lizard project for sale in Ohio.

Here is what you get:

Cab/head/lightboard with all wiring
Playfield mostly complete. Missing most plastics (does have the
left/right ramp and an unbroken red lizard tounge) and possibly the
upper 4 bank drop targets. I have someone that was interested in them.
Will know if they will be included by 6/15/05. If you have questions if
parts are there, just ask.
Coin door
PFglass, lock bar
Shooter assembly

The side are is in decent and presentable shape.

No legs

Also there will be included a second cab included that has the
Cab/head/lightboard with all wiring. No side art.

Looking for $200/obo

Drop me a line

Thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about project grand lizard ohio

    Additional: there are no boards in the cabs.

    Thanks

    Well I was not getting many offers for the parts and someone here on
    the board suggested putting the pieces together to make a fairly
    complete one. I only parted out the water damaged one. I never got
    time to part out the one with the PF on it . I just offered to sell
    parts on it. Not much interest. But I have someone that is interested
    in the project so it may work out.

    I don't get it....
    You parted out the machine and now you want to sell the picked-over carcass as a "project"?
    Just finish stripping the parts and bury the remains. May the Lizard rest in peace....

    Matt

    <caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1118764389.093598.16690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Additional: there are no boards in the cabs.
    >
    > Thanks

    arent these the same 2 grand lizards in Ohio that sold on ebay a few
    months back for 50.00? i remember they were very parted out and that
    one was water damged. i was going to bid but missed it by a few hours.
    oh well.

    Yes they are. Turns out they were not as parted out as the seller said
    they were. He just did not realize what he had.

    actually i did. im the guy that sold them on ebay. i bought both the
    machines about 2 years ago for $150.00. parted them out (some playfield
    parts, boards, displays, backglass, etc...) and made about $800.00. So
    i think i did pretty good :-). i sold what was left of them becuase i
    needed the garage space and got tired of messing with them.

    Tom

    http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/

    I'm the guy that ended up with the 'water damaged' playfield. It
    cleaned up sweet. I was more than happy to pay the winner of that $50
    auction $200 for the pf, bg and plastics, er, umm because somebody
    didn't want to part their auction out. Some minor touch-ups and
    clearcoating and it sure looks better than the POS I got off eBay for
    $550. The boards and mechanicals were near perfect anyways. I now
    have a pretty sweet lizard for under $900. Anybody want to buy some
    rusty posts? Actually, I do still have a fairly decent backglass if
    anyone's looking.
    -Gregg

    ceckitti wrote:
    > actually i did. im the guy that sold them on ebay. i bought both the
    > machines about 2 years ago for $150.00. parted them out (some playfield
    > parts, boards, displays, backglass, etc...) and made about $800.00. So
    > i think i did pretty good :-). i sold what was left of them becuase i
    > needed the garage space and got tired of messing with them.
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/

    I just removed the last of the mylar on my GL last night. Man it
    shines up nice and looks way better w/o the mylar on it. However
    putting the mylar on it sure saved the lower pf.

    I am with you Gregg, the guy had the games but would not part them out
    to make even more money. But he says he knew what he had???? Yeaaaa
    okkkkkk You made $800 out of them. Maybe you did, I doubt it though.
    If so, why did you not sell the Bg Gregg got, why did you not sell the
    pf Gregg got, why not the plastics Gregg bought? Come on fella, I
    highly doubt you had a clue what you had and are now kicking your self
    for it. But hey we all live in learn. Its not like you sold on a TZ
    and never knew its value.

    And yet your an asset to the group so much that when a member asked for
    you to help them and sell parts from a parts machine that only went for
    $50 on ebay, you could not make the time to do so???? You could have
    spent a few minutes of your "precious"time to help Gregg out, make a
    few extra $$ and the games still would have gone for $50 on ebay.

    Yep, you have a clue alright buddy, a clue about being an ASS-et!

    I have no problem calling you out. I call them as I see them. An you
    have been called out!

    Mike

    what the hell are you talking about? who asked me to sell what parts
    from what machine????

    and help gregg with what???????? do you even know what you are talking
    about?

    tom

    > I have no problem calling you out. I call them as I see them. An you
    > have been called out!

    Actually, Tom's a real stand-up guy. You had no reason to call him an
    idiot in your other post. Makes you look petty and greedy.

    lets be fair, he never called me an "idiot" himself. those were my
    words. i just took offence by him saying that im kicking myself and not
    having a clue for selling 2 parted out cabinets that i no longer
    wanted.

    but thanks for the nice words ;-).

    Tom

    http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/

    Tom ,

    If you read Gregg post above, he mentiones he asked you to part out one
    of the games and you would not do so.

    I never called him and idiot. I was just being a smart ass like I
    thought he was being. I have no hard feelings for Tom. I dont even
    know him. Geez, this thread was just started out to sell a few parts
    and look where it has gone. I am not petty and greedy. Ask anyone who
    has bought the parts from this machine from me. (Email me and I will
    give you their names if you really want to) I am selling the parts
    incredibley cheap. I am only trying to help people out. Some of the
    stuff I am giving away and only charging actual shipping. One guy I
    did not even charge for the part or for shipping. I think this got way
    out of hand. So to Tom, I am sorry, I guess I chose the wrong words.
    Had I know the person who sold the cabs on ebay was a member on the
    boards here I would never had made the comments. Ok...everybody happy.
    No offense was ever intended. I am not an ass, I was just kidding and
    it went to far.

    Mike

    I wasn't trying to get this into a pissing contest. I just felt I was
    being attacked for no reason. You said you doubt that I made 800.00
    from what I parted out.... 2 sets of working system 11 boards = about
    600.00, The other backglass = 100.00, Working sys 11 displays = 100.00+
    and the plastics from the non flooded pf about 50 -100.00.

    As for Greg asking me to part the machine out.... NO BODY ever asked me
    to part the machine out specifically for them.

    I offered these to the group 2 years ago and got no response.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/b15c8e412c2bcbe9/b3d80319fed1bfd9?q=ceckitti+%2Blizard&rnum=4&hl=en#b3d80319fed1bfd9

    Like I said before, everything that was left that was sold as 1 lot on
    ebay was covered in mud and I just didn't have the time or desire to
    clean them up, so I posted them as-is figuring that whoever got them
    would get a good deal but just have to put the work into it.

    Since you were man enough to apologize, I will do the same and say IM
    sorry for anything out of line I said. Since we are both in Ohio, maybe
    we will run into each other someday and play a few games.

    Tom

    http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/ceckitti/

    i wasn't trying to get this into a pissing contest. I just felt I was
    being attacked for no reason. You said you doubt that I made 800.00
    from what I parted out.... 2 sets of working system 11 boards = about
    600.00, The other backglass = 100.00, Working sys 11 displays = 100.00+

    and the plastics from the non flooded pf about 50 -100.00.

    As for Greg asking me to part the machine out.... NO BODY ever asked me

    to part the machine out specifically for them.

    I offered these to the group 2 years ago and got no response.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/rec.games.pinball/browse­_frm/thre....

    Like I said before, everything that was left that was sold as 1 lot on
    ebay I just didn't have the time or desire to clean them up, so I
    posted them as-is figuring that whoever got them
    would get a good deal but just have to put the work into it.

    Since you were man enough to apologize, I will do the same and say IM
    sorry for anything out of line I said. Since we are both in Ohio, maybe

    we will run into each other someday and play a few games.

    Tom

    http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/c­eckitti/

    Well I think it just got off track like a lot of the topics on the
    boards here offten do. Nothing was meant as a personal attack on you.
    Thank you for the apology. Hopefully we will run into one another and
    can play a few. Take care and have a great 4th.

    Mike

Games Video Games