fearless

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

I've got a C600 laptop with the aforementioned video card. It has a
standard Dell 14.1" flat panel laptop LCD.

For some obscure reason, RedHat 9.0 has no trouble with this combination,
but Fedora Core 1 cannot cope with one or the other of the two.

XFree86 won't run under any of the standard "known" configurations. It
correctly identifies the card, but completely barfs on the LCD.

It insists on using HSync rates of 31.5 - 48.0 and VRefresh of 59.0 - 70.0

I am unable to find the true specs of the LCD in combination with that video
card, but have found that by changing both HSync (31.5 - 90) and VRefresh
(59.0 - 70.0) I can get everything running "correctly". What I don't know
is whether those rates will "harm" anything.

Does anyone have a pointer to the actual specs for the card/LCD combination?

Thanks.

--
Antispam measures in place.
If you want to email me, post here with a real email