Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Microsoft MN-700 and I enabled WPA, works OK for XP but I can't
get a notebook running Windows 2000 to work with WPA security. I need to
use WPA because there are 17 wireless near me per net stumbler. So does
anyone know of a software driver that will make WPA work with Windows 2000
pro?

joker

You need to either get some third party software (not a driver), upgrade
to Windows XP, or get a wired connection. This is because the software
doesn't support WPA and OS's prior to Windows XP don't support it either.

Christian wrote:

> I have a Microsoft MN-700 and I enabled WPA, works OK for XP but I can't
> get a notebook running Windows 2000 to work with WPA security. I need to
> use WPA because there are 17 wireless near me per net stumbler. So does
> anyone know of a software driver that will make WPA work with Windows 2000
> pro?

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I final got it to work by turning on the MN-700 DHCP giving it a IP number
and broadcasting the SSID. By doing this the software that came with the
Buffalo G54 PC Card started up in WPA mode and all is OK.