My iPod hisses after audio recording. Why?

Can you tell me what has happened to my iPod Touch 4th Gen? Every time I record audio or video with audio it has a strong hiss behind the audio. It used to never do this now all of a sudden it does. Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Joseph
3 answers Last reply
More about ipod hisses audio recording
  1. This happens to me, too, but I used to get crystal-clear recordings. I have tried every recording app I have and it does the same thing -- my audio source very faint below the prominent hiss. Anybody found a solution to this, or what started causing it?

Thanks.
  2. It sounds like it could be white noise or background noise which doesn't have any definition that he ipod can pickup. What kind of material are you trying to record?
  3. I have since resolved this myself, AFTER the Apple "Genius" offered to replace it with a refurb for $99. I found on another site that a guy had taken a toothpick and gently flicked it around inside the microphone hole. Fixed his problem -- and mine! Obviously some speck of dirt or something else had become lodged in there and was preventing the microphone from working properly.

So, I hope this helps somebody.
Ask a new question

Read More

Apple iPod Touch iPod Audio Computers