Sign in with
Your question

My iPod hisses after audio recording. Why?

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 5, 2011 11:38:15 PM

Can you tell me what has happened to my iPod Touch 4th Gen? Every time I record audio or video with audio it has a strong hiss behind the audio. It used to never do this now all of a sudden it does. Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Joseph
March 20, 2012 10:48:27 PM

This happens to me, too, but I used to get crystal-clear recordings. I have tried every recording app I have and it does the same thing -- my audio source very faint below the prominent hiss. Anybody found a solution to this, or what started causing it?

Thanks.
m
l
August 1, 2012 5:41:46 PM

It sounds like it could be white noise or background noise which doesn't have any definition that he ipod can pickup. What kind of material are you trying to record?
m
l
August 1, 2012 7:54:46 PM

I have since resolved this myself, AFTER the Apple "Genius" offered to replace it with a refurb for $99. I found on another site that a guy had taken a toothpick and gently flicked it around inside the microphone hole. Fixed his problem -- and mine! Obviously some speck of dirt or something else had become lodged in there and was preventing the microphone from working properly.

So, I hope this helps somebody.
m
l
!