PINBALL EXPO WILL MOVE!!

Yes it is true, Ramada INN ohare will close on AUG 31. I just found
this out!! We are workimg on other locations. Will have another
location within a few days!! EXPO WILL GO ON!! All rates and
charges will remain te same!! Please give us a few days to get this
sorted out..thanks MIKE PACAK

Well it looks like we may be able to go to the Marriott up the street.
Hope to have an answer REAL SOON!! mike pacak

mgpacak@aol.com wrote:
> Well it looks like we may be able to go to the Marriott up the street.
> Hope to have an answer REAL SOON!! mike pacak

Mike, Hope you and Rob can work this out and find us a quality site
that can hold us all. Last year's Expo was fantastic, and this one is
sure to be even better attended, but I think most of us would welcome a
little nicer place as far as the quality of the rooms and
Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna, Il.

There's a White Castle in Gurnee, 1/2 way between
Chicago and Milwaukee.
Or there's one in Carol Stream next to the Hoilday Inn

mgpacak@aol.com wrote:
> Yes it is true, Ramada INN ohare will close on AUG 31. I just found
> this out!! We are workimg on other locations. Will have another
> location within a few days!! EXPO WILL GO ON!! All rates and
> charges will remain te same!! Please give us a few days to get this
> sorted out..thanks MIKE PACAK

How's Detroit sound?!?!?!?! But ummmmm I guess the factory tour would
be a bit of a pain.... :)

There is a White Castle located on River Road (near River Rd and Rand
Rd). It is direcly next to a 7-11 and McDonalds).

For Acommodations: There is a sleezy motel across the street. It
probably is small motel looks is accustom to sleeping 3 to a bed.
Someone will need to create a hotbunking schedule around the
leacture/discussions at Expo. If sleeping 3 to a bed and hot-bunking
are part of your Expo travel ritual, this place is probably a good
place.

I would personally recommend adjust your diet to allow you a larger
varity of Fast Food and Hotels, or plan to be the sweaty guy in the
middle of a man sandwich (also known as a MANwich)

c_kubie

> Rick Swanson
> (Who bids a fond and tearful farewell to Skankytown)

I'll be sure to watch for one of those teardown/remodeling sales in
August. Maybe I can pick up some memoirs of Expos past... Who wants a
carpet tile from Skankytown? Rub it on a petri-dish and see what grows!

Move it closer to White Castle, I'm tired of McDonalds

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

mgpacak@aol.com wrote:
> Yes it is true, Ramada INN ohare will close on AUG 31. I just found
> this out!! We are workimg on other locations. Will have another
> location within a few days!! EXPO WILL GO ON!! All rates and
> charges will remain te same!! Please give us a few days to get this
> sorted out..thanks MIKE PACAK

Hopefully to a location that is still close to the Airport so people
can keep there Hotel reservations they have already made at local
hotels.

Good luck, as said "Last years expo was great" Perhaps the best one
Post-Williams era.

Todd "GravitaR"

good, i got the flu 2 years in a row at that hotel and the rooms had
mold on the walls behind the curtains in which i complained about, not
good. those were the "suites" too.
get a clean venue:) and maybe one closer to chicago or downtown. there
is a big hotel downtown on the nice side of town (with wide streets)
which has many large ballrooms. i want to say its the radisson, not
sure thow. they hold body building equipment shows there.

On 14 Jun 2005 09:33:40 -0700, "Eric A." <eavedesian@comcast.net>
wrote:

>mgpacak@aol.com wrote:
>> Yes it is true, Ramada INN ohare will close on AUG 31. I just found
>> this out!! We are workimg on other locations. Will have another
>> location within a few days!! EXPO WILL GO ON!! All rates and
>> charges will remain te same!! Please give us a few days to get this
>> sorted out..thanks MIKE PACAK
>
>How's Detroit sound?!?!?!?! But ummmmm I guess the factory tour would
>be a bit of a pain.... :)

what do you mean? everyone can tour the wixom plant if we get people
trained with semi-automatic weapons ;-)

heck, i am sure some people would make new friends as well with the
workers taking pot breaks in their cars in the lot as well ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

John Wart, jr wrote:
> Move it closer to White Castle, I'm tired of McDonalds

Hey, wait a minute. I almost got a date at that McDonalds. (That
would have been a first). The ice breaker was my show name badge. She
was on lunch from a nearby office. When she found out I wasn't a local
she decided to decline. She said she did not want to fall in love with
a guy from all the way out on the west coast. Her whole family was in
and around Chicago and she couldn't relocate. She was attractive and
fun company for lunch. Best seminar I ever missed was that day. How
are the women hanging around White Castle?

Mario
Pinthetic

>How are the women hanging around White Castle?

Think about that question very carefully....

Kirb

>How are the women hanging around White Castle?
Think about that question very carefully....

Kirb

Kirb,
That makes my day!

Mario
Pinthetic

There is a White Castle located on River Road (near River Rd and Rand
Rd). It is direcly next to a 7-11 and McDonalds).
For Acommodations: There is a sleezy motel across the street. It
probably is small motel looks is accustom to sleeping 3 to a bed.

Wow,

I can get a date at McDonalds and take her to the motel room across the
street. The only thing that has me worried is the 3 to a bed. What the
hell is hot-bunking? Fun post!

Mario
Pinthetic

John Wart, jr wrote:
> Sounds like you had a good experience at McDonalds, Mario
>
> I'm married, so I don't pay a lot of attention to the women at McDonalds
> or White Castle... if I were looking for *scenery*, I'd have driven to
> the nearest Hooters in Chi town.
>
> I intended to do so last year, but it just didn't happen. Maybe this
> year! A convoy from wherever to Hooters... :) Anyone else in?

If the Marriot Mike was referring to is the one along the expressway,
there is a Hooters within walking distance of it.

Pat Shanahan
Chicago

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

c_kubie@yahoo.com wrote:
> There is a White Castle located on River Road (near River Rd and Rand
> Rd). It is direcly next to a 7-11 and McDonalds).

Let me type this in all caps so the point is made:

MIKE, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LOCATE EXPO WITHIN A TEN-MILE
RADIUS OF A WHITE CASTLE RESTAURANT. IF YOU IGNORE THIS ADVICE, YOU
WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNTOLD DEATHS AND WILL CERTAINLY BE ARRESTED
FOR BIOLOGICAL TERRORISM

I don't know how many of you have actually eaten these things, but the
thought of hundreds of pinheads, many of them overweight, scarfing down
white castles and then congregating in one location REALLY scares me
:)

Hotbunking- usually done in military (mainly Navy) when sleeping in
shifts. One man leaves the bed, another gets in. Bed never cools
down.

So, I'm guessing people will prefer Hooters over White Castle (with
convienent sleezy motel). So hotbunking with 3 to a bed will have to
be at someones request.

c_kubie

hot bunking is the term used aboard Navy ships (usually submarines, but
other small ships may use it as well) for the practice of multiple
sailors using the same bed, sleeping in shifts. So there is no idea of
the cool side of the pillow, and your bed is always warm when you get
in.

frog
who works at a Navy base in the middle of the desert.

Pinthetic@gmail.com wrote:
> There is a White Castle located on River Road (near River Rd and Rand
> Rd). It is direcly next to a 7-11 and McDonalds).
> For Acommodations: There is a sleezy motel across the street. It
> probably is small motel looks is accustom to sleeping 3 to a bed.
>

> Wow,
>
> I can get a date at McDonalds and take her to the motel room across the
> street. The only thing that has me worried is the 3 to a bed. What the
> hell is hot-bunking? Fun post!
>
> Mario
> Pinthetic

Hotbunking- usually done in military (mainly Navy) when sleeping in
shifts. One man leaves the bed, another gets in. Bed never cools
down

OK,
Most former Air Force guys wouldn't know that one.

Mario
Pinthetic

Porcelain is probably closer.

They called them "Sliders" for a reason!

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

OK, now you're scaring the hell out of me John. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

John Wart, jr wrote:
> I must have an iron stomach, I seldom if ever have any ill effects from
> White Castle.
>
> There's one less than 5 minutes from my house, I was there last night!
>
> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> lscott@dlptech.com wrote:
> > c_kubie@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> >>There is a White Castle located on River Road (near River Rd and Rand
> >>Rd). It is direcly next to a 7-11 and McDonalds).
> >

> > Let me type this in all caps so the point is made:
> >
> > MIKE, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LOCATE EXPO WITHIN A TEN-MILE
> > RADIUS OF A WHITE CASTLE RESTAURANT. IF YOU IGNORE THIS ADVICE, YOU
> > WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNTOLD DEATHS AND WILL CERTAINLY BE ARRESTED
> > FOR BIOLOGICAL TERRORISM
> >
> > I don't know how many of you have actually eaten these things, but the
> > thought of hundreds of pinheads, many of them overweight, scarfing down
> > white castles and then congregating in one location REALLY scares me
> > :)

> >Hotbunking- usually done in military (mainly Navy) when sleeping in
> >shifts. One man leaves the bed, another gets in. Bed never cools
> >down

If it comes down to hot-bunking, I'd just buy a subway ticket in
Rosemont and sleep on the train like everyone else.

Hey, why don't we contact the beauty-pageant people and find out what
they're doing this year. I'm sure they'll be disappointed if they
don't get to see the pinball guys...