Restore Points

August 4, 2005 5:31:11 PM

know there is a way of deleting all old stored Restore Points, but I have
forgotten how to do it, although I did do it once before.

I think it is time I did it again, so will someone knowledgeable remind me
how to do it? Thank you.

More about : restore points

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:31:12 PM

Click on Start/Control Panel/System/System Restore/ then turn it off and
turn it back on.

Sound familiar?

"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:eBiOpBPmFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

> know there is a way of deleting all old stored Restore Points, but I
> have
> forgotten how to do it, although I did do it once before.
>
> I think it is time I did it again, so will someone knowledgeable
> remind me how to do it? Thank you.

Go to the System applet in Control Panel and click on the System Restore
tab. Check the box to disable System Restore, Apply and OK out. I
usually reboot the machine Just To Be Sure. Then go back to the same
place and enable System Restore again. Here's an excellent site about
System Restore by MVP Bert Kinney:

http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Or
Disk Cleanup->More Options->System Restore
to delete all but the most recent

"Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
> Click on Start/Control Panel/System/System Restore/ then turn it off and
> turn it back on.
>
> Sound familiar?
>
> "annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
> message news:eBiOpBPmFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> know there is a way of deleting all old stored Restore Points, but I have
> forgotten how to do it, although I did do it once before.
>
> I think it is time I did it again, so will someone knowledgeable remind me
> how to do it? Thank you.

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:55:52 PM

Thank you for the reply. However when I did it the last time I had a list of
all the Restore Points and was given the choice of either deleting the whole
lot or only some of my choice.

I would prefer to be able to see what I am deleting, so is there another
way? Thank you.

"Raoul" <noname@noname.net> wrote in message
> Click on Start/Control Panel/System/System Restore/ then turn it off and
> turn it back on.
>
> Sound familiar?
>
> "annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
> message news:eBiOpBPmFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> know there is a way of deleting all old stored Restore Points, but I have
> forgotten how to do it, although I did do it once before.
>
> I think it is time I did it again, so will someone knowledgeable remind me
> how to do it? Thank you.

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 11:07:29 PM

Hi,

Individual restore points can not be deleted.

Here are your choices:

Disabling, then enabling System Restore will delete all restore points.

Reinstalling SR will delete all restore points.

Reducing the amount of disk space SR uses to store restore point will remove the oldest
restore points on a FIFO (first in first out) basis. The amount depends on the size of the
restore points and the amount of disk space allotted.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

!