Start problem

I have a problem with my computer (P3 /Windows Millenium/GeForce).
At the end of Windows's loading, it's like a power cut and the computer
restarts. I've almost no time to do anything beetwen the time when the menu
appears and the stop.
I tried many things (virus search, window's safe mode, step by step). I
removed all no necessary cards and peripherics. Now, there is only the
mother board, the graphic card
and the sound card. I thought that the last try, restore Windows from the
original files stored on my hard disk, should resolve the problem.
But no. It's the same. Which material or software is able to do this, send a
reboot order whithout error message ?
Last strange information: I observed that if something disturb the normal
stop until the message
is present. I discovered this in trying to execute a software (antivirus on
a diskette in drive a:) from the moment when the start button appears. Its
hard because there is
not really time to launch a command. But when it works, Windows isn't
happy -probably to soon- and I've a message (approximate
translation)"Unknown software have create an
error in Unknown and should Stop" with only the "OK" Button. With this error
message on the screen, Windows doesn't stop ! If I click on OK, I have a
immediate reboot.

If someone can help me ...

It has been my experience when loading Windows on the same machine
after being fdisked and formatted each time that Windows always seems
to load a little different each time.
It could be my perception .
I do not know if your unit uses a FULL INSTALL OEM VERSION or if it uses
a master restore image (which is often a pseudo backup that corresponds to
particular or paticulars based on
a master system build).
Any variation from that original system can cause a problem.
Reformatting the HD is one variable that can affect the install.
The system is often recoverable if there is a
hidden restore partition and you have said this is not a workable matter.

If it were me
I would kill the hidden partition
Make just one partition and install a Windows 2000 or XP if you have one
If that fails you might want to look at a hardware problem

And the only way you can be sure of being virus free
is to Fdisk the whole harddrive then reformat
There are some people who say even that is not good enough
I have not found that to be true yet