Can my Laptop handle TES4: Oblivion?

I was wondering if my laptop can run Oblivion, here are the specs:

Pentium Dual-Core T4200 @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
Windows Vista (64-bit)
Graphics Card (Chipset -.- ): Mobile Intel GMA 4500M*
(Total Available Graphics Memory 1340 MB)
( Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB)
( System Video Memory 0 MB)
( Shared System Memory 1212 Mb)

* Really I know all the other specs can support Oblivion, but its the "graphics card" that has got me on the confused side. Now I know its a chipset and its not really amazing, but can my laptop be able to handle Oblivion on any graphic settings?
5 answers Last reply
More about laptop handle tes4 oblivion
  1. http://www.oblivionportal.com/info/systemreq.php

Your IGP isn't specifically listed, but it can't hurt to try as that is the original list of supported GPUs. Yours didn't even exist when they put out that list.
  2. I don't think so. The integrated graphics is of a different age than oblivion, sure...but it's still integrated. I don't think it can handle the abuse.
  3. You could probably use very low setting. Look at the November graphics chart last page. It is equivalent to a Nividi1 6200 or a ATI X300
  4. I have a Sony NW series laptop with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD . I get 15-30FPS in Counter Strike Source at 1024x768 and the graphics engine is very efficient. So, I would say it would not run Oblivion and if it did it would probably be unplayable.
  5. The answer is no. According to notebookcheck.net's graphics chart, the Radeon HD 3200 can only manage 15 FPS in Oblivion and as far as IGP's go, the 3200 is a much better card than the Intel 4500.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Oblivion