Admin rights without installing a programs

Hi there
how can i give the user administrator rights but also i want to prevent him
from installing any kind of programs

any hint will be helpful

thanks in advance

Fadi
2 answers Last reply
More about admin rights installing programs

    You cannot. If you give admin right to user, he can bypass any restrictions
    you may set. Remeber that even normal users can install many kind of
    programs. If you want to prevent installing programs, you should define that
    user as guest and set file permissions so that the user has very limited
    access to any files.

    "Fadi" <fadi_naser@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Hi there
    > how can i give the user administrator rights but also i want to prevent
    > him from installing any kind of programs
    >
    > any hint will be helpful
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >

    > Fadi

    if we suppose that he didn't know how to modify his account settings
    and i changed the security settings of
    windows and system32 directories
    to be exactly like user account

    did it work with most of programs ?!

    thanks in advance

    --------------------

    "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message

    > You cannot. If you give admin right to user, he can bypass any
    > restrictions you may set. Remeber that even normal users can install many
    > kind of programs. If you want to prevent installing programs, you should
    > define that user as guest and set file permissions so that the user has
    > very limited access to any files.
    >

    > "Fadi" <fadi_naser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi there
    >> how can i give the user administrator rights but also i want to prevent
    >> him from installing any kind of programs
    >>
    >> any hint will be helpful
    >>
    >> thanks in advance
    >>

    >> Fadi

Microsoft Windows XP