xp unable to start in safe mode

guru

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002

i have a file with an unknown extention that wil not delete, in a p2p folder
that i am unable to access through explorer, that i think is responsible for
my pc being unable to start in safe mode so that i can delete it there.
any ideas?... i have run all sorts of spyware and antivirus (too numerous to
mention), with no results. this folder is on my backup hard drive(western
digital 80 gig).

See Aumha website page for removing unwanted & hard to remove files.
MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.htm

Given this problem & your use of p2p, I'd bet your pc has malware infestation.
See The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol at <http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm>

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

GURU wrote:
> i have a file with an unknown extention that wil not delete, in a p2p
> folder that i am unable to access through explorer, that i think is
> responsible for my pc being unable to start in safe mode so that i
> can delete it there. any ideas?... i have run all sorts of spyware
> and antivirus (too numerous to mention), with no results. this folder
> is on my backup hard drive(western digital 80 gig).

TRENDING THREADS