Internet Explorer Problem

Hi Everyone,

well, I have a little annoying problem and maybe someone has the answer to
fix this :

If I receive an e-mail via Outlook or look around in Newsgroups via Outlook
Express, some e-mails or posts have links in it. It I click on a link, it
takes almost 30 - 40 seconds before Internet Explorer will open up and go to
the web site !!

What is causing this delay ???

My whole system is virus, ad and spyware FREE ! I also tried a little
utility called IEFix and checked the systems file integrity with "sfc
/scannow" but still, IE won't open immediately.

Sys Config is :

2.8 Ghz Mobile Pentium IV
2 GIG RAM
100 GIG HDD ( 40 GIG free )
64MB NVIDIA GoFx5600

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can try to solve
this annoyance.

Thanks,

Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer problem

    Your system is dirty and needs cleaning.
    Run Disk Cleanup - Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup
    Also, open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies>
    Delete Temporary Files including offline content.
    Run Defrag
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "JCE" wrote:

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > well, I have a little annoying problem and maybe someone has the answer to
    > fix this :
    >
    > If I receive an e-mail via Outlook or look around in Newsgroups via Outlook
    > Express, some e-mails or posts have links in it. It I click on a link, it
    > takes almost 30 - 40 seconds before Internet Explorer will open up and go to
    > the web site !!
    >
    > What is causing this delay ???
    >
    > My whole system is virus, ad and spyware FREE ! I also tried a little
    > utility called IEFix and checked the systems file integrity with "sfc
    > /scannow" but still, IE won't open immediately.
    >
    > Sys Config is :
    >
    > 2.8 Ghz Mobile Pentium IV
    > 2 GIG RAM
    > 100 GIG HDD ( 40 GIG free )
    > 64MB NVIDIA GoFx5600
    >
    > Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can try to solve
    > this annoyance.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    Hi,

    nope..my system actually is "super-clean" ! Virus checked, ad-ware checked,
    spyware checked, scandisk/chkdsk run, deleted and cleaned all temp. files,
    deleted all cookies and histories, run disk cleanup several times with all
    options checked and defragged the drive.

    BUT STILL.......... if I click on a embedded link ( like in Outlook or
    Outlook Express, or Word ) IE takes about 30 - 45 seconds to open.

    Any more ideas ?

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Your system is dirty and needs cleaning.
    > Run Disk Cleanup - Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk
    > Cleanup
    > Also, open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies>
    > Delete Temporary Files including offline content.
    > Run Defrag
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "JCE" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Everyone,
    >>
    >> well, I have a little annoying problem and maybe someone has the answer
    >> fix this :
    >>
    >> If I receive an e-mail via Outlook or look around in Newsgroups via
    >> Outlook
    >> Express, some e-mails or posts have links in it. It I click on a link, it
    >> takes almost 30 - 40 seconds before Internet Explorer will open up and go
    >> the web site !!
    >>
    >> What is causing this delay ???
    >>
    >> My whole system is virus, ad and spyware FREE ! I also tried a little
    >> utility called IEFix and checked the systems file integrity with "sfc
    >> /scannow" but still, IE won't open immediately.
    >>
    >> Sys Config is :
    >>
    >> 2.8 Ghz Mobile Pentium IV
    >> 2 GIG RAM
    >> 100 GIG HDD ( 40 GIG free )
    >> 64MB NVIDIA GoFx5600
    >>
    >> Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can try to solve
    >> this annoyance.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tom

Internet Explorer Windows XP