Internet Explorer Problem

August 4, 2005 11:47:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

well, I have a little annoying problem and maybe someone has the answer to
fix this :

If I receive an e-mail via Outlook or look around in Newsgroups via Outlook
Express, some e-mails or posts have links in it. It I click on a link, it
takes almost 30 - 40 seconds before Internet Explorer will open up and go to
the web site !!

What is causing this delay ???

My whole system is virus, ad and spyware FREE ! I also tried a little
utility called IEFix and checked the systems file integrity with "sfc
/scannow" but still, IE won't open immediately.

Sys Config is :

2.8 Ghz Mobile Pentium IV
2 GIG RAM
100 GIG HDD ( 40 GIG free )
64MB NVIDIA GoFx5600

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can try to solve
this annoyance.

Thanks,

Tom
August 4, 2005 1:40:24 PM

Your system is dirty and needs cleaning.
Run Disk Cleanup - Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup
Also, open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies>
Delete Temporary Files including offline content.
Run Defrag
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"JCE" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> well, I have a little annoying problem and maybe someone has the answer to
> fix this :
>
> If I receive an e-mail via Outlook or look around in Newsgroups via Outlook
> Express, some e-mails or posts have links in it. It I click on a link, it
> takes almost 30 - 40 seconds before Internet Explorer will open up and go to
> the web site !!
>
> What is causing this delay ???
>
> My whole system is virus, ad and spyware FREE ! I also tried a little
> utility called IEFix and checked the systems file integrity with "sfc
> /scannow" but still, IE won't open immediately.
>
> Sys Config is :
>
> 2.8 Ghz Mobile Pentium IV
> 2 GIG RAM
> 100 GIG HDD ( 40 GIG free )
> 64MB NVIDIA GoFx5600
>
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can try to solve
> this annoyance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:03:32 PM

Hi,

nope..my system actually is "super-clean" ! Virus checked, ad-ware checked,
spyware checked, scandisk/chkdsk run, deleted and cleaned all temp. files,
deleted all cookies and histories, run disk cleanup several times with all
options checked and defragged the drive.

BUT STILL.......... if I click on a embedded link ( like in Outlook or
Outlook Express, or Word ) IE takes about 30 - 45 seconds to open.

Any more ideas ?

!