NO Admin rights, but allow installing programs

Hi,

just to see if there is another possibility in regards to the previous post.

On my home/office network, I am the only Administrator. The kids have their
own computer and are configured as "Power Users" ! But certain programs (
mostly Games ) require Administrative rights. So whenever one of the kids
wants to install a new game, I have to do it.

Is there a way to grant "install programs" without giving Administrative
rights to a user ?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about admin rights installing programs

    Those programs using Microsoft installer can be installed without admin
    rights if security policies are set properly. Unfortunately most games are
    not using it.

    "JCE" <NOnjbSPAM@jumpingcholla.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > just to see if there is another possibility in regards to the previous
    > post.
    >
    > On my home/office network, I am the only Administrator. The kids have
    > their own computer and are configured as "Power Users" ! But certain
    > programs ( mostly Games ) require Administrative rights. So whenever one
    > of the kids wants to install a new game, I have to do it.
    >
    > Is there a way to grant "install programs" without giving Administrative
    > rights to a user ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tom