Sign in with
Your question

Roland mv 30 studio m

Last response: in Home Audio
February 27, 2010 6:10:48 PM

Do you still have the working Roland mv 30 studio M?

More about : roland studio

August 19, 2010 9:45:09 PM

frb0046 said:
Do you still have the working Roland mv 30 studio M?

I have one working mv30 and one requiring a replacemnt floppy drive. I found company selling the floppy but the price was prohibitive (about$70 + shipping, $70 more) I have third mv 30 which has a dead screen and no floppy drive, as it was taken to repair the first one. I use the MV30 every week as an essential part of a trio of keyboards bass and drums.
The great advantage of the mv 30 is the direct output which I use to send a click track to the monitors so we can all keep time. If you know where there is another MV 30 doing nothing I would be very interested.
m
l
September 17, 2010 3:21:46 AM

I have one that had very little use, I think I still have the box and several Alexander publishing manuals. It was never sold, it was a gift to me by the owner of a MI store I worked for when he went out of business. Interested??

vette6spd@hotmail.com
m
l
Related resources
September 17, 2010 1:49:26 PM

I have sent an email directly to you and now I have worked out how to reply through the forum!! I am interested in any working MV30 as it is the only one which can play my song files and also provide a "click" to play along with. Let me know how much you would want for it and of course how much it would take to post it.
Ken Herbertson, in Scotland
m
l
September 18, 2010 1:17:07 AM

Hi Ken and others,

Thanks for the email, I did receive it and replied. Due to Ken's location, I decided that I didn't want to go through the hoops, I would prefer selling closer to home. USA in particular I am in Ca. I actually haven't priced it yet but i am certainly open to suggestions. Ken was kind enough to offer a suggestion and I will look into that, otherwise, I might put it on Craig's List and see what happens. I also have an unused Roland MT-200 and a Leslie Preamp from the 60's unused and in the box..

Thanks all and especially you Ken.. When i get to Scotland, I will expect you to show me around and take me to where the good Scotch can be found..

v
m
l
September 18, 2010 4:29:43 PM

will do,
Ken

m
l
October 6, 2010 10:51:20 PM

kenherbie said:
will do,
Ken

My apologies for butting in on your conversation with Mystic - I was Googing MV 30 because I just found mine last night and was wondering what I should do with it - are you still looking for one? Also, I seem to remember the drive and/or the floppy itself being a little skittish - I seem to remember the drive being manufactured by Chinon, and also that Roland wanted a ridiculously high price for the spare drive I asked them about, and there being an issue with replacing it, as it somehow had its firmware (if that's even possible for a floppy drive) being the major problem with replacing it generically - if you've taken yours apart, let me know if you can, if it is a Chinon drive. At any rate, let me know if you're interested in this one - thanks.
m
l
October 7, 2010 9:24:32 AM

Hi,
I have 3 MV30s. One works no.2 requires a floppy drive no.3 requires a screen and a floppy drive. I found a chinon drive in Germany and bought it on the net. It didn`t work when installed. These drives are delicate and don`t seem to travel well. I have over 200 song files which of course are only usable on the MV30. I use these every weekend with my band and dread the thought of having no backup. I found an MV30, "hardly used" but it turned out to be in California and I am in Scotland so the guy thought it not practical to think of selling it to me. Where are you? Looking forward to hearing from you,
Ken
m
l
September 4, 2011 4:31:26 AM

kenherbie said:
Hi,
I have 3 MV30s. One works no.2 requires a floppy drive no.3 requires a screen and a floppy drive. I found a chinon drive in Germany and bought it on the net. It didn`t work when installed. These drives are delicate and don`t seem to travel well. I have over 200 song files which of course are only usable on the MV30. I use these every weekend with my band and dread the thought of having no backup. I found an MV30, "hardly used" but it turned out to be in California and I am in Scotland so the guy thought it not practical to think of selling it to me. Where are you? Looking forward to hearing from you,
Ken

Ken,

I just replied to another posting of yours on this website, to inform you that I have a mint MV30 that I will sell. If you are interested, and know how to go about doing it securely from the US to UK, please contact me at: poplab@frontier.com. Also, we'll have to determine a price. Thanks,

Mark
m
l
!