TZ Background Music: Golden Earring? Why not Iron Maiden's..

I can dream, can't I?

Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....

Priest kicked ass by the way.

Best,

Jim

kicked ass back in the day?
how about STILL kicking ass.
if you haven't heard brave new world and dance of death you are
seriously missing out.
also check out Bruce's new solo album Tyranny of souls. for an mp3 off
his new album check out my website at www.pinballdoctor.net

Dan

arcaderehab wrote:
> I can dream, can't I?
>
> Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
> blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
> back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>
> Priest kicked ass by the way.
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

Ill agree the RUSH version is the best. I'm rolling around the idea
of making a custom 2112 table if/when that custom sound card for the
system1/80 comes out. Anyone have a trashed system1 countdown?

Craig M

Huh?!

Not having a TZ and <GASP> having never played one, I ASS-U-ME'd that
the music was from the TV show. I mean it's Rod Serling on the
backglass...not Golden Earring!

Does the classic "dee dee dee doo, dee dee dee doo" theme not play?

Barry - NY

> heard one track on the radio and had to have it- it definitely does rock!

That's "Scream". It does rock...it helps that he has his old original
guitarist Steve Stevens back.

Barry - NY

Oh yeah... Forgot about that one.

<subdural@gmail.com> wrote in message
> erm, I'm partial to Rush's version, myself :)
>
> Wil

I just bought "Visions of the Beast" 2-dvd set with some of Maiden's old
videos from 1980-up and some concert clips too- great stuff! Boy some of
that 80's stuff really looks cheesy now but it was tubular and altogether
bitchin' back then!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I can dream, can't I?
>
> Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
> blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
> back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>
> Priest kicked ass by the way.
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

The Golden Earring TZ bass line is played almost non stop throughout the
game while snippets of the tv show theme sneak in. theres even music
from other games in the hurry up mode ;)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

If memory serves me right it plays when a Ball is saved via the ball
saver.

Todd "GravitaR"

On 14 Jun 2005 16:54:21 -0700, "Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com)"
<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote:

>Huh?!
>
>Not having a TZ and <GASP> having never played one, I ASS-U-ME'd that
>the music was from the TV show. I mean it's Rod Serling on the
>backglass...not Golden Earring!
>
>Does the classic "dee dee dee doo, dee dee dee doo" theme not play?
>
>Barry - NY

Adi

Why Golden Earring? Well, because in the song there are lyrics (don't
remember exactly). I'm gong into Twilight Zone, something, something na na
na, bullet to the bone...

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I can dream, can't I?
>
> Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
> blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
> back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>
> Priest kicked ass by the way.
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

DWGoett wrote:
> hahahaha.
> Stryper.
>
> Which is your favorite? Honestly or Always THere For You?
>
> LOL.....
>

> >>Speaking of comebacks, though a totally different style, the new Billy
> >>Idol seriously rocks too. Steve Stevens can jam.
Ill chime In as a former Bass Player in a Metal Band that went
no-where (Much Like My current Retail Job~Groan!). Stryper: Cool Band
with way cool guitar solo's, Still Lovin' Judas Priest with K.K. Living
1/2 of the year over here in the states in Arizona (Wonder if he plays
the pins at Gary's House?!?) Billy Idol, yup' yup' yup' good new stuff.
Still looking for the best East Coast Band of all-time to make a big
comeback: KIX! Man... those guys could Rock! OK, Back to being a muture
38 year old (Sigh!)~Pinball and Thin Lizzy Fan Bret

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:59:18 -0500, DWGoett <pinball@midamerica.net>
wrote:

>kicked ass back in the day?
>how about STILL kicking ass.
>if you haven't heard brave new world and dance of death you are
>seriously missing out.
>also check out Bruce's new solo album Tyranny of souls. for an mp3 off
>his new album check out my website at www.pinballdoctor.net

Yep, the "old timers" still pack a punch. The new Bruce Dickinson
solo disc is great but then again I've yet to hear a BD solo I didn't
like. Accident of Birth is probably in my top 25 of all time.

Agreed on AoB. it it near to top of mine, too.

i have a distaste for skunkworks though. i've tried and tried to like
it and besides "space race" there just isn't anything there.

Dan

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:16:13 -0400, "arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I can dream, can't I?
>
>Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
>blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
>back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>
>Priest kicked ass by the way.

TZ by Maiden rocks, I love the Di'Anno era Maiden.

Speaking of comebacks, though a totally different style, the new Billy
Idol seriously rocks too. Steve Stevens can jam.

Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickerson CD's all ROCK!

Billy Idol new music? Have to research that :)
Todd "GravitaR"

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:56:44 GMT, Ben <pinballben@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:16:13 -0400, "arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I can dream, can't I?
>>
>>Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
>>blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
>>back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>>
>>Priest kicked ass by the way.
>
>TZ by Maiden rocks, I love the Di'Anno era Maiden.
>
>Speaking of comebacks, though a totally different style, the new Billy
>Idol seriously rocks too. Steve Stevens can jam.

I picked up the new Billy Idol a month or so ago- heard one track on the
radio and had to have it- it definitely does rock!

I got to meet Paul Di'Anno here in SLC about 15 years back (has it been that
long) when his Battlezone band came to play a local haunt. Had him
autograph my cassette of Killers and some scumbag stole all my tapes out of
my car about a month later.... (including my collector versions of Stryper
and Yngwie Malmsteen Trilogy....) Still pissed about that....

I still have some pics from my Kodak Disc camera of Paul and his guitarist
walking down the street by the club- I'll have to pull 'em out and scan 'em
if I can find 'em....

Ray J.
--

"Ben" <pinballben@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:16:13 -0400, "arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I can dream, can't I?
> >
> >Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
> >blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
> >back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
> >
> >Priest kicked ass by the way.
>
> TZ by Maiden rocks, I love the Di'Anno era Maiden.
>
> Speaking of comebacks, though a totally different style, the new Billy
> Idol seriously rocks too. Steve Stevens can jam.

hahahaha.
Stryper.

Which is your favorite? Honestly or Always THere For You?

LOL.....

can razz you too much since I know those 2 songs!
Dan

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball wrote:
> I picked up the new Billy Idol a month or so ago- heard one track on the
> radio and had to have it- it definitely does rock!
>
> I got to meet Paul Di'Anno here in SLC about 15 years back (has it been that
> long) when his Battlezone band came to play a local haunt. Had him
> autograph my cassette of Killers and some scumbag stole all my tapes out of
> my car about a month later.... (including my collector versions of Stryper
> and Yngwie Malmsteen Trilogy....) Still pissed about that....
>
> I still have some pics from my Kodak Disc camera of Paul and his guitarist
> walking down the street by the club- I'll have to pull 'em out and scan 'em
> if I can find 'em....
>
> Ray J.
> --
> Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> Web: www.actionpinball.com
>
> We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!
>

> "Ben" <pinballben@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:16:13 -0400, "arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I can dream, can't I?
>>>
>>>Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
>>>blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were awesome
>>>back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>>>
>>>Priest kicked ass by the way.
>>
>>TZ by Maiden rocks, I love the Di'Anno era Maiden.
>>
>>Speaking of comebacks, though a totally different style, the new Billy
>>Idol seriously rocks too. Steve Stevens can jam.

Adi

Yes, the classic theme song is dispersed all over the game. Golden Earring
song is there too, mixed together.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Huh?!
>
> Not having a TZ and <GASP> having never played one, I ASS-U-ME'd that
> the music was from the TV show. I mean it's Rod Serling on the
> backglass...not Golden Earring!
>
> Does the classic "dee dee dee doo, dee dee dee doo" theme not play?
>
> Barry - NY

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>I picked up the new Billy Idol a month or so ago- heard one track on the
>radio and had to have it- it definitely does rock!

The first 3 tunes absolutely crank, couple fillers here and there
afterwards but overall probably as good as anything he's ever done.
Plastic Jesus... LOL.

>I got to meet Paul Di'Anno here in SLC about 15 years back (has it been that
>long) when his Battlezone band came to play a local haunt. Had him
>autograph my cassette of Killers and some scumbag stole all my tapes out of
>my car about a month later.... (including my collector versions of Stryper
>and Yngwie Malmsteen Trilogy....) Still pissed about that....

That's pretty cool about meeting Di'Anno. Someone, probably one of my
"friends" from high school, ripped off my two Ozzy autographed
Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman albums. Still burning over that
one. Yngwie Trilogy... awesome album!

On 14 Jun 2005 16:54:21 -0700, Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) <Backglass@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not having a TZ and <GASP> having never played one, I ASS-U-ME'd that
> the music was from the TV show.

What music from the TV show? Other than the main theme, I don't recall
there being any music on the show. If you go to Chris Graner's web
site (http://www.cgmusic.net), there are several MP3s from Twilight
Zone on there so you can hear at least some of what's featured.

> Does the classic "dee dee dee doo, dee dee dee doo" theme not play?

Yes, in several places.

--
| David Gersic www.zaccaria-pinball.com dgersic_@_niu.edu |
| The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard. |

Craig M wrote:
> Ill agree the RUSH version is the best. I'm rolling around the idea
> of making a custom 2112 table if/when that custom sound card for the
> system1/80 comes out. Anyone have a trashed system1 countdown?

Yeah, YBX. :)

Just to tie this thread back to pinball... I was watching some sort of
behind the scenes camcorder footage of Judas Priest when they were
recording an album with Ripper Owens. I think it was from the Metal
Works documentary? But I can't remember. There was a pin in the
studio... *NF* I think?

On 14 Jun 2005 21:42:11 -0700, "pinball bret" <bmalone@sc.rr.com>
wrote:

>DWGoett wrote:
>> hahahaha.
>> Stryper.
>>
>> Which is your favorite? Honestly or Always THere For You?
>>
>> LOL.....

> Ill chime In as a former Bass Player in a Metal Band that went
>no-where (Much Like My current Retail Job~Groan!). Stryper: Cool Band
>with way cool guitar solo's, Still Lovin' Judas Priest with K.K. Living
>1/2 of the year over here in the states in Arizona (Wonder if he plays
>the pins at Gary's House?!?) Billy Idol, yup' yup' yup' good new stuff.
>Still looking for the best East Coast Band of all-time to make a big
>comeback: KIX! Man... those guys could Rock! OK, Back to being a muture
>38 year old (Sigh!)~Pinball and Thin Lizzy Fan Bret

"arcaderehab" <mail@nospam.com> wrote in

> I can dream, can't I?
>
> Just saw the triumphant return of Judas Priest on Friday, and we were
> blasting old Maiden tunes in the parking lot. Man those guys were
> awesome back in the day. Looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest....
>
> Priest kicked ass by the way.

Yeah I saw JP at Ozzfest last year and they kicked ass! Also Ozzy didn't
show so Halford sang with Sabbath which was an added bonus. Maiden still
kicks ass alot of energy for a bunch of 40+ year old guys! I've seen them
the last 2 or 3 times that they were around since Bruce D came back. Really
looking forward to seeing them again this summer. They should be headlining
Ozzfest though IMOHO.

john