folder comparison

August 4, 2005 2:51:49 PM

Is there a freeware that will compare 2 folders and copy just the
files necessary in both directions to make the folders have the same
files without overwriting?

thanx

More about : folder comparison

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 2:51:50 PM

I believe the new "Microsoft SyncToy" will do just that !!! ( available beta
on the MS web site in the download section ).

A more powerful utility for that would be "SmartSync Pro" ! They also have a
free version, but the PRO is shareware, but well worth the money !

Hope this helps.

Tom

"otis" <otisspamblotisno@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o gqzsxQmFHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Is there a freeware that will compare 2 folders and copy just the files
> necessary in both directions to make the folders have the same files
> without overwriting?
>
> thanx
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:52:58 PM