Home Theatre audio to TV help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Hello guys, I'm kind of new to audio stuff so I wanted to ask a question. I currently have a SONY DAV-SB100 home theater set which includes speakers and a sub-woofer. I want to connect this system to my Samsung 52" 60hz 1080p television (I already connected the dvd player itself to the tv. DVD sound system works fine while playing DVDS), and use the sound system from the dvd player for the television's audio. Is this possible? If it is, How can I do it?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
G
Not to difficult...need a pair of co-ax cables from cable box audio output to the audio input on the sony ... or you could do the audio output from tv to the input on the sony!
done!

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Okay, so you want to connect your DVD player to your TV and then have your TV just bypass that data to the receiver? I guess its possible but I dont see the point. If your DVD player doesn't have digital optical, then use digital coaxial and connect to TV. Then use optical to connect TV to receiver.

I am surprised your DVD player does not have optical output, even $15 DVD players have them. Your DVD player must be a decade old.

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

Just to clarify, the coaxial cable is connected to the DVD player, and the sound system works fine while playing DVDs. I want sound system audio to replace the TV's audio. So when I watch cable television I am using the DVD's audio system. I believe connecting using digital optical will do the same thing: Works on DVDs, but doesn't on cable television(I'm not sure on this). Is this possible and how can I do this?

G

Not to difficult...need a pair of co-ax cables from cable box audio output to the audio input on the sony ... or you could do the audio output from tv to the input on the sony!
done!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.