Sign in with
Your question

SAmsung DLp hln467wx

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 29, 2010 12:22:24 AM

Hello,
i Have a samsung dlp hln467wx this is going to be weird and i know im doing the worst thing for it but it started acting up, to turn it on i would have to start it a picture would come up then it would get all weird and fuzzy and discolored, then just turn off i would turn it back on and get no piture(btw once it started to get all weird and discolored i couldnt turn it off i could just unplug it) then unplug it plug it back in and repeating this i would eventually get it to stay on, i would like to fix it any ideas?

More about : samsung dlp hln467wx

November 29, 2010 10:45:05 AM

TV shop? Sounds like a bad cap in the power supply.
m
l
November 29, 2010 1:44:25 PM

im pretty handy with soldering and most tasks involved in fixing these kind of tvs, tv shop will charge 500% of the price it would cost me to fix it, if its a bad capacitor would the tv still work at all?
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2010 3:11:39 PM

Iv'e watched as a Tv tech, reading the schematic measured voltages. When they were low he added capacitance in parallel. If the voltage was good he replaced that cap. he did this for about 8 caps. Tv lasted for two years before problem was back.
The trick is getting the schematic.
m
l
December 2, 2010 1:42:32 AM

You are most likely seeing a distorted picture because the color wheel is shot. The visual defect is known as solarizing - the color wheel is not spinning fast enough to maintain a coherent palette. Normally a bad color wheel will squeak or grind or hum. You can do a wheel yourself if you're careful, and it's usually about $100 for the part at Samsung.

On the other hand, the digital board could be bad, meaning it's time for a new tv. Pretty rare, but it happens.
m
l
December 10, 2010 11:49:13 PM

mrtired said:
You are most likely seeing a distorted picture because the color wheel is shot. The visual defect is known as solarizing - the color wheel is not spinning fast enough to maintain a coherent palette. Normally a bad color wheel will squeak or grind or hum. You can do a wheel yourself if you're careful, and it's usually about $100 for the part at Samsung.

On the other hand, the digital board could be bad, meaning it's time for a new tv. Pretty rare, but it happens.

Is there anyway to test both of those things? I did check to make sure the color wheel is spinning but i have no clue if its at the right speed but it does humm or something its high pitched, btw i checked all the caps they all appear to be fine
m
l
December 11, 2010 12:57:11 AM

Visual defect with noisy wheel? Got to go with the most common of common problems. Replace the color wheel. $89.95US @ Samsungparts.com - just make sure you have a WX and not W1X.
m
l
December 11, 2010 1:36:54 AM

mrtired said:
Visual defect with noisy wheel? Got to go with the most common of common problems. Replace the color wheel. $89.95US @ Samsungparts.com - just make sure you have a WX and not W1X.

One last question could the color wheel cause the set to reset itself or turn itself off I.e. I turn it on picture comes up fine then gets messed up and freezes I then unplug it turn it back on only sound the lamp lights but no picture it resets itself and so on and so on? thank you
m
l
December 11, 2010 3:50:29 AM

Absolutely it can. The set is programmed to make 3-7 tries to run the startup sequence: fans, color wheel index, ballast kick, lamp light. Eventually it will fail out.

You do run an outside chance (unlikely) that you have a bad digital board instead, but I doubt it.
m
l
December 11, 2010 4:31:52 PM

mrtired said:
Absolutely it can. The set is programmed to make 3-7 tries to run the startup sequence: fans, color wheel index, ballast kick, lamp light. Eventually it will fail out.

You do run an outside chance (unlikely) that you have a bad digital board instead, but I doubt it.

Thanks I really appreciate the replies I thought this post was dead I'll let u know the outcome btw instead of starting a new thread if u don't mind me picking ur Brain i got a Mitsubishi wd52525 I got the lamp code replaced it and it won't boot it starts up the lamp lights for a min and shuts off and give me the lamp code again if it's the ballast I'll fix it anything else I'm dumping it this things got too many screws
m
l
December 13, 2010 2:18:49 AM

Could be a ballast, but that model has so many issues in its guts it could be number of things. Try calling Mits and see if they will cut you a deal on something new.
m
l
December 29, 2010 1:36:15 PM

mrtired said:
Could be a ballast, but that model has so many issues in its guts it could be number of things. Try calling Mits and see if they will cut you a deal on something new.

i finally got my color wheel in after replacing it it worked for a few mins then the lamp would shut off and it would freeze making the power button unusable but the difference is now i can shut it off and on before it freezes and if i unplugged it and plugged it back in the picture wouldn't come up messed up now it just shuts off any ideas
m
l
!