Yet another magic eraser convert (with picture)

OK, I admit that I was skeptical, but boy oh boy am I converted. This
Magic Eraser is great! No it's fan-freaking-tastic! I have this nasty
'78 Phoenix playfield in need of much TLC and this thing is working
wonders on it. Granted there are still some areas with missing paint
chips. The magic eraser can't fix everything, but the ME has given me
hope that this playfield can live again. Check out the big picture in
the link below. Compare the small area of yellow near the bottom with
the yellow are above. WOW! The picture barely does it any justice. That
bottom yellow area POPS. It's no longer spicey brown mustard. Now it's
French's yellow mustard.

My next goal is to find a reliable way to connect a magic eraser to my
drill. :)

This picture is large and unadulterated for your zooming pleasure. Your
browser may scale it down, but you should be able to zoom in pretty
well.

http://austindesign.com/magic_eraser.jpg (400k)

-Jonathan
7 answers Last reply
More about magic eraser convert with picture

    Yup, just good old fashioned rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. It
    took zero paint off. You have to see it in person to truely appreciate
    the difference it makes!

    wow what a diff, did you use rubbing alcohol?

    Trin
    "Salty" <salty_sohal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > OK, I admit that I was skeptical, but boy oh boy am I converted. This
    > Magic Eraser is great! No it's fan-freaking-tastic! I have this nasty
    > '78 Phoenix playfield in need of much TLC and this thing is working
    > wonders on it. Granted there are still some areas with missing paint
    > chips. The magic eraser can't fix everything, but the ME has given me
    > hope that this playfield can live again. Check out the big picture in
    > the link below. Compare the small area of yellow near the bottom with
    > the yellow are above. WOW! The picture barely does it any justice. That
    > bottom yellow area POPS. It's no longer spicey brown mustard. Now it's
    > French's yellow mustard.
    >
    > My next goal is to find a reliable way to connect a magic eraser to my
    > drill. :)
    >
    > This picture is large and unadulterated for your zooming pleasure. Your
    > browser may scale it down, but you should be able to zoom in pretty
    > well.
    >
    > http://austindesign.com/magic_eraser.jpg (400k)
    >
    > -Jonathan

    Howdy,

    WOW! Congratulations! I have been reading about ME for a while and
    plan on using it on my Grand Prix and Spin Wheel playfields. Your
    pictures have me real anxious to get started.

    How long did you scrub the yellow area to achieve those beautiful
    results?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Not long at all... maybe a couple of minutes on a fairly wide area. I
    just used both tight and wide circular motions... I left the sponge in
    there so people could see that no color came off on the sponge. Simply
    amazing!

    Best of luck to you! I'd love to hear how yours come out.

    -Jonathan

    Anybody out there know if this stuff is available in the UK. Maplin
    sells something called magic eraser but it's not Mr. Clean and the
    packaging is different but from the description it appears to be a
    similar product. I have a Centaur II playfield that could really
    benefit from these kind of results - all that (off)white.

    Jonathan,

    Thank you for the extra info. I will be doing it this weekend. I'm
    going to try it on a test playfield first then on my Grand Prix. I'll
    post the results.

    Again, OUTSTANDING! :-) Your results look great!

    Mark

    Check http://www.pinballmagic.com/ballswirl.htm for more info on Ball Swirl
    Removal..

    <mdefrayne@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Howdy,
    >
    > WOW! Congratulations! I have been reading about ME for a while and
    > plan on using it on my Grand Prix and Spin Wheel playfields. Your
    > pictures have me real anxious to get started.
    >
    > How long did you scrub the yellow area to achieve those beautiful
    > results?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

World Of Warcraft Video Games