Yet another magic eraser convert (with picture)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 14, 2005 6:48:26 PM

OK, I admit that I was skeptical, but boy oh boy am I converted. This
Magic Eraser is great! No it's fan-freaking-tastic! I have this nasty
'78 Phoenix playfield in need of much TLC and this thing is working
wonders on it. Granted there are still some areas with missing paint
chips. The magic eraser can't fix everything, but the ME has given me
hope that this playfield can live again. Check out the big picture in
the link below. Compare the small area of yellow near the bottom with
the yellow are above. WOW! The picture barely does it any justice. That
bottom yellow area POPS. It's no longer spicey brown mustard. Now it's
French's yellow mustard.

My next goal is to find a reliable way to connect a magic eraser to my
drill. :)

This picture is large and unadulterated for your zooming pleasure. Your
browser may scale it down, but you should be able to zoom in pretty
well.

http://austindesign.com/magic_eraser.jpg (400k)

-Jonathan
June 14, 2005 9:42:39 PM

Yup, just good old fashioned rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. It
took zero paint off. You have to see it in person to truely appreciate
the difference it makes!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 14, 2005 11:02:34 PM

wow what a diff, did you use rubbing alcohol?

Trin
"Salty" <salty_sohal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK, I admit that I was skeptical, but boy oh boy am I converted. This
> Magic Eraser is great! No it's fan-freaking-tastic! I have this nasty
> '78 Phoenix playfield in need of much TLC and this thing is working
> wonders on it. Granted there are still some areas with missing paint
> chips. The magic eraser can't fix everything, but the ME has given me
> hope that this playfield can live again. Check out the big picture in
> the link below. Compare the small area of yellow near the bottom with
> the yellow are above. WOW! The picture barely does it any justice. That
> bottom yellow area POPS. It's no longer spicey brown mustard. Now it's
> French's yellow mustard.
>
> My next goal is to find a reliable way to connect a magic eraser to my
> drill. :)
>
> This picture is large and unadulterated for your zooming pleasure. Your
> browser may scale it down, but you should be able to zoom in pretty
> well.
>
> http://austindesign.com/magic_eraser.jpg (400k)
>
> -Jonathan

a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 15, 2005 8:37:20 AM

Howdy,

WOW! Congratulations! I have been reading about ME for a while and
plan on using it on my Grand Prix and Spin Wheel playfields. Your
pictures have me real anxious to get started.

How long did you scrub the yellow area to achieve those beautiful
results?

Thanks,
Mark
June 16, 2005 12:37:23 AM

Not long at all... maybe a couple of minutes on a fairly wide area. I
just used both tight and wide circular motions... I left the sponge in
there so people could see that no color came off on the sponge. Simply
amazing!

Best of luck to you! I'd love to hear how yours come out.

-Jonathan
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 16, 2005 5:38:23 AM

Anybody out there know if this stuff is available in the UK. Maplin
sells something called magic eraser but it's not Mr. Clean and the
packaging is different but from the description it appears to be a
similar product. I have a Centaur II playfield that could really
benefit from these kind of results - all that (off)white.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 16, 2005 12:59:05 PM

Jonathan,

Thank you for the extra info. I will be doing it this weekend. I'm
going to try it on a test playfield first then on my Grand Prix. I'll
post the results.

Again, OUTSTANDING! :-) Your results look great!

Mark
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 20, 2005 8:30:27 AM