Sign in with
Your question

Dell Latitude D630

Last response: in Windows 7
October 12, 2012 4:25:37 PM

Hi, I have a dell D630 laptop, after replacing the motherboard, when I power it on, it runs a few seconds and shuts down, It doesn't appear to be hot. The fan spins nicely. I have changed the cpu, ram and even removed the wireless card, modem and disconnected the cmos battery and nothing seems to help, any ideas. Thanks in advance.

More about : dell latitude d630

a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2012 4:29:34 PM

Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter. Press and hold the power button for no less than 30 seconds. Reinstall the battery and AC adapter and try again.
m
l
October 12, 2012 5:30:58 PM

Thanks for the advice, ut it didn't help
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2012 6:46:54 PM

Hi :) 

I own a laptop repair company...

A D630 is a VERY old lappy...

Let me guess... when you say you replaced the motherboard, you DIDNT use a NEW one... you put in an old second hand one ???

What makes you think that one works ???

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:57:11 PM

Wellllll, it's refurbished an theres a warranty, so ifI can't get it o work, I can return it, just hopeing it was a simple poblem. Guess not??
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:58:05 PM

guess need new fingers or new keyboard, sorry for the typos
m
l
October 12, 2012 7:11:23 PM

Most likey the motherboard Dell sent to you is defective. I seen this many of times with their service.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2012 7:22:10 PM

judymac307 said:
Wellllll, it's refurbished an theres a warranty, so ifI can't get it o work, I can return it, just hopeing it was a simple poblem. Guess not??

Hi :) 

From whom did you get the refurb board ? and just out of interest what did it cost ?

By the way, a motherboard CANNOT be refurbished...it either works (in which case its second hand) or its new (and you wont find a new 630 board for sale anywhere)

All the best Brett :) 

m
l
!