Out of the MPL loop

Ay Guys

I enjoyed knowing alot of you and meeting alot of great people. But i
refuse to be in the center of an arugument since i didnt get the game
that was slated for me. Then to watch others fight over it, throw lies
around and call all my games blown out, NEWS FLASH, schools out. I dont
want to hear He said, he said. I dont want IRC chat reviews and i dont
want to play anymore childish games.

To watch my friends fight, guys i realy enjoyed, over something that
i didnt get, well its too much drama for me. I talked about a deal that
was directed to me, my first mistake, and then trying to find answers
when it didnt pan out, my second mistake. So WHAT, games come and go.

Please stop the fighting and have a good time. I didnt get the deal,
no biggie. Am i going to give up my collection of blown out
games........... never :eek:)

Take Care
John
jdubbbs and family

All of my 14+ games are "blown out" or "trash". I still love them all.

Sorry you are having trouble. I know some/most of the MPL guys and I can
say they are, for the most part, "stand up guys".

I don't know what you are talking about, but keep your skin thick and your
knee tied down. These things tend to blow over.

Good luck

Jim Knight

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ay Guys
>
> I enjoyed knowing alot of you and meeting alot of great people. But i
> refuse to be in the center of an arugument since i didnt get the game
> that was slated for me. Then to watch others fight over it, throw lies
> around and call all my games blown out, NEWS FLASH, schools out. I dont
> want to hear He said, he said. I dont want IRC chat reviews and i dont
> want to play anymore childish games.
>
> To watch my friends fight, guys i realy enjoyed, over something that
> i didnt get, well its too much drama for me. I talked about a deal that
> was directed to me, my first mistake, and then trying to find answers
> when it didnt pan out, my second mistake. So WHAT, games come and go.
>
> Please stop the fighting and have a good time. I didnt get the deal,
> no biggie. Am i going to give up my collection of blown out
> games........... never :eek:)
>
> Take Care
> John
> jdubbbs and family

Oh man.....this really stinks.......I met a few of the MPL guys at
Bucci's, and it was a blast playing some pin with you guys. I hate to
see you guys all fired up at one another. I hope that whatever
differences you've come to can be solved. Believe me, there are MUCH
worse things that can happen. My TZ on Ebay is proof of that. I said
that I'd be homeless, and live underneath it with a piece of plastic to
cover it before I'd sell it. A pin deal that fell through isn't the
end of the world. Good luck guys......I hope it all works out. If
need be, I'll come out there and spank all you guys on a game of
pinball......you guys pick the game! :) Seriously though, I hope you
guys can work it out like adults.

-Al

>Looks like I'm burning more than just playfields

See what happens when you two don't show up to my MPL party? Things
just break down.

Just think- you could have won a NOS fire! building in the zen tourney.
How can you guys put an 7 hour drive ahead of cheezy prizes like that?
NOS hurricane spinners? TZ key fobs? That stuff is golden!

Kirb
(yea, I don't get to go to detroit events as much as I should)

I do believe i owe this group an apology. I got caught up in listening
to others, talking to others and having what i said relayed to others.

The fact remains, i did lie to Eric, and have now lost a friend and a
danm good tech that enjoyed working on my games before i did the work
myself and skrewed em up even more. The fact that i was not going to
consider CV a keeper and was only buying it to get my afm is the truth,
bottom line. Something i didnt tell Eric, he heard it from another
source which has caused alot of problems. Then one of the people i told
about the deal got the game, which left a bad taste in my mouth, and
also looking for answers that have caused all these problems.

Eric has never done me wrong, has treated me and my family with
respect, coming over last minute to make my kids birthday party all go
well

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/97ebce9159dfb7d0/cf4f6e577d3ae3eb?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=11#cf4f6e577d3ae3eb

coming over to fix a game i bought from him less than 24 hours after i
bought it

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/414e58399496809a/ba3853fa35cca672?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=1#ba3853fa35cca672

coming over to convert and advise me on my kweaver purchase

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/94b822e39105ec60/dcbb83d48b512996?q=jdubbbs+ww&rnum=1#dcbb83d48b512996

and last of all, when i tried to sell my games, who spoke up with
nothing nice to say about my games

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/992de81976ca0a79/b52b3b188314f7c7?q=fs+hee+haw&rnum=4#b52b3b188314f7c7

For this, i owe Eric an apology that i am not man enough to hand out.
I will try my best, if he accepts or not, i am man enough to deal with
the results of my actions. This post was not directly directed at him,
but he took it that way, and now, after a few private emails, i have to
agree that i am an ass. I let the quest of AFM get in the way of me
keeping friends, even after the truth was out, he still came over and
helped with the defender and did leave the parts like a true friend
after he knew i lied.

To Eric and the rest of the MPL , I, John, am sorry for my actions. I
have no excuse for my actions, nor am i going to dwell on them. My
intent was to bow out of the MPL, not to participate anymore due to
what has happened in the last few weeks, save face is all, it was not
intended to be an attack against Eric.

Thanks to all of the guys who have invited me and my family into their
homes to play their collector type games. I will never forget some of
the great time i had.

John
jdubbbs

>Thanks for reminding me about those TWO hurricane
>spinners I have floating around the house now

That was the inside joke that will always be funny. I wonder if anyone
else got it?

Yep, evil doings going on at Kirb's house....

Kirb

>(If it's the driving that's holding you back)

That's the problem. I drive TOO much. I'm always on the road for work
on top of being busy as hell at home.

Mostly it is finding the time to attend more than anything. Thanks for
the offer, as always.

Kirb

> Anyone want some NOS Hurricane spinners? ;-)

Hurricane! Woohoo! Are these the backbox spinners? I DO need
one...BUT I need a flat one. Everyone I find, even the NOS ones are
warped. Bad manufacturing or bad storage I guess.

Barry - NY
The Few...The Proud...The Hurricane owners.

Major typo........ geesh

He had nothing but nice things to say about these games.

Nothing like throwing another log into an in-controlable fire :eek:(

John
jdubbbs

> Just think- you could have won a NOS fire! building in the zen tourney.
> How can you guys put an 7 hour drive ahead of cheezy prizes like that?
> NOS hurricane spinners? TZ key fobs? That stuff is golden!

Thanks for reminding me about those TWO hurricane spinners I have floating
around the house now. Anyone want some NOS Hurricane spinners? ;-) I
can't give those away...there aren't mine. Josh plans on cutting his up to
put on the scratch guard on his electric guitar and Sarah has her's on her
bedroom door. :)

> Kirb
> (yea, I don't get to go to detroit events as much as I should)

I don't think I have missed an in-state sanctioned MPL event yet, that I can
think of. You are more than welcome to drive to K-zoo and we can road trip
together from here. (If it's the driving that's holding you back)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

Lust for AFM clouded your judgement for a few days, but does not make
you a bad man. You're still cool with me! AFM rocks.. (although I
woulda gotten and kept the CV and sold other stuff to get AFM .. I like
fruity CV :)

> [...]
> helped with the defender and did leave the parts like a true friend
> after he knew i lied.
>
> To Eric and the rest of the MPL , I, John, am sorry for my actions. I
> have no excuse for my actions, nor am i going to dwell on them. My
> intent was to bow out of the MPL, not to participate anymore due to
> what has happened in the last few weeks, save face is all, it was not
> intended to be an attack against Eric.
>
> Thanks to all of the guys who have invited me and my family into their
> homes to play their collector type games. I will never forget some of
> the great time i had.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

>Just think- you could have won a NOS fire! building in the zen tourney.
>How can you guys put an 7 hour drive ahead of cheezy prizes like that?
>NOS hurricane spinners? TZ key fobs? That stuff is golden!

Just to note- CLAY supplied the MPL prizes. Forgot to thank him.

Hey mike, don't forget to think him as well.....heheheheh...

Kirb

Oh No, did I forget my NOS fire building at your house :-(

Steve

kirb wrote:
> >Looks like I'm burning more than just playfields
>
> See what happens when you two don't show up to my MPL party? Things
> just break down.
>
> Just think- you could have won a NOS fire! building in the zen tourney.
> How can you guys put an 7 hour drive ahead of cheezy prizes like that?
> NOS hurricane spinners? TZ key fobs? That stuff is golden!
>
> Kirb
> (yea, I don't get to go to detroit events as much as I should)

That took a big man to post an apology John. Maybe time you and Eric get
together and played some pinball or had a drink and work things out. None of
us are perfect, but hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and become
better friends. LTG :)

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I do believe i owe this group an apology. I got caught up in listening
> to others, talking to others and having what i said relayed to others.
>
> The fact remains, i did lie to Eric, and have now lost a friend and a
> danm good tech that enjoyed working on my games before i did the work
> myself and skrewed em up even more. The fact that i was not going to
> consider CV a keeper and was only buying it to get my afm is the truth,
> bottom line. Something i didnt tell Eric, he heard it from another
> source which has caused alot of problems. Then one of the people i told
> about the deal got the game, which left a bad taste in my mouth, and
> also looking for answers that have caused all these problems.
>
> Eric has never done me wrong, has treated me and my family with
> respect, coming over last minute to make my kids birthday party all go
> well

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/97ebce9159dfb7d0/cf4f6e577d3ae3eb?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=11#cf4f6e577d3ae3eb

> coming over to fix a game i bought from him less than 24 hours after i
> bought it

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/414e58399496809a/ba3853fa35cca672?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=1#ba3853fa35cca672

> coming over to convert and advise me on my kweaver purchase

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/94b822e39105ec60/dcbb83d48b512996?q=jdubbbs+ww&rnum=1#dcbb83d48b512996

> and last of all, when i tried to sell my games, who spoke up with
> nothing nice to say about my games

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/992de81976ca0a79/b52b3b188314f7c7?q=fs+hee+haw&rnum=4#b52b3b188314f7c7

> For this, i owe Eric an apology that i am not man enough to hand out.
> I will try my best, if he accepts or not, i am man enough to deal with
> the results of my actions. This post was not directly directed at him,
> but he took it that way, and now, after a few private emails, i have to
> agree that i am an ass. I let the quest of AFM get in the way of me
> keeping friends, even after the truth was out, he still came over and
> helped with the defender and did leave the parts like a true friend
> after he knew i lied.
>
> To Eric and the rest of the MPL , I, John, am sorry for my actions. I
> have no excuse for my actions, nor am i going to dwell on them. My
> intent was to bow out of the MPL, not to participate anymore due to
> what has happened in the last few weeks, save face is all, it was not
> intended to be an attack against Eric.
>
> Thanks to all of the guys who have invited me and my family into their
> homes to play their collector type games. I will never forget some of
> the great time i had.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

Wow nice post - any confident person should
be able to apologize for a mistake so I'm glad to
see it. Rare over here also...

"JDubbbs" <jdubbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I do believe i owe this group an apology. I got caught up in listening
> to others, talking to others and having what i said relayed to others.
>
> The fact remains, i did lie to Eric, and have now lost a friend and a
> danm good tech that enjoyed working on my games before i did the work
> myself and skrewed em up even more. The fact that i was not going to
> consider CV a keeper and was only buying it to get my afm is the truth,
> bottom line. Something i didnt tell Eric, he heard it from another
> source which has caused alot of problems. Then one of the people i told
> about the deal got the game, which left a bad taste in my mouth, and
> also looking for answers that have caused all these problems.
>
> Eric has never done me wrong, has treated me and my family with
> respect, coming over last minute to make my kids birthday party all go
> well

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/97ebce9159dfb
7d0/cf4f6e577d3ae3eb?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=11#cf4f6e577d3ae3eb

> coming over to fix a game i bought from him less than 24 hours after i
> bought it

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/414e583994968
09a/ba3853fa35cca672?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=1#ba3853fa35cca672

> coming over to convert and advise me on my kweaver purchase

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/94b822e39105e
c60/dcbb83d48b512996?q=jdubbbs+ww&rnum=1#dcbb83d48b512996

> and last of all, when i tried to sell my games, who spoke up with
> nothing nice to say about my games

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/992de81976ca0
a79/b52b3b188314f7c7?q=fs+hee+haw&rnum=4#b52b3b188314f7c7

> For this, i owe Eric an apology that i am not man enough to hand out.
> I will try my best, if he accepts or not, i am man enough to deal with
> the results of my actions. This post was not directly directed at him,
> but he took it that way, and now, after a few private emails, i have to
> agree that i am an ass. I let the quest of AFM get in the way of me
> keeping friends, even after the truth was out, he still came over and
> helped with the defender and did leave the parts like a true friend
> after he knew i lied.
>
> To Eric and the rest of the MPL , I, John, am sorry for my actions. I
> have no excuse for my actions, nor am i going to dwell on them. My
> intent was to bow out of the MPL, not to participate anymore due to
> what has happened in the last few weeks, save face is all, it was not
> intended to be an attack against Eric.
>
> Thanks to all of the guys who have invited me and my family into their
> homes to play their collector type games. I will never forget some of
> the great time i had.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Not that any of this is my beeswax, John, but hopefully you've learned a
lesson from all this. Albeit the hard way. The ol' golden rule always
applies, my friend. Put yourself in Eric's shoes. How would you feel? In
the future I'm sure you'll consider that before entering any deals with
people, but especially fellow pinball people. They (we) are more than
just a tight knit community. We really are a sort of family and it just
never pays to try and get one over on family members.
Sorry to sound so scolding, John, but I sincerely hope you and everyone
who reads of this learns from it. I applaud your willingness to admit
fault. Thats a good sign that you do have a conscience :)
Make amends as best you can with Eric and get back to playing pinball :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

JDubbbs wrote:
> I do believe i owe this group an apology. I got caught up in listening
> to others, talking to others and having what i said relayed to others.
>
> The fact remains, i did lie to Eric, and have now lost a friend and a
> danm good tech that enjoyed working on my games before i did the work
> myself and skrewed em up even more. The fact that i was not going to
> consider CV a keeper and was only buying it to get my afm is the truth,
> bottom line. Something i didnt tell Eric, he heard it from another
> source which has caused alot of problems. Then one of the people i told
> about the deal got the game, which left a bad taste in my mouth, and
> also looking for answers that have caused all these problems.
>
> Eric has never done me wrong, has treated me and my family with
> respect, coming over last minute to make my kids birthday party all go
> well
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/97ebce9159dfb7d0/cf4f6e577d3ae3eb?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=11#cf4f6e577d3ae3eb
>
> coming over to fix a game i bought from him less than 24 hours after i
> bought it
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/414e58399496809a/ba3853fa35cca672?q=eric+a+jdubbbs&rnum=1#ba3853fa35cca672
>
> coming over to convert and advise me on my kweaver purchase
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/94b822e39105ec60/dcbb83d48b512996?q=jdubbbs+ww&rnum=1#dcbb83d48b512996
>
> and last of all, when i tried to sell my games, who spoke up with
> nothing nice to say about my games
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/992de81976ca0a79/b52b3b188314f7c7?q=fs+hee+haw&rnum=4#b52b3b188314f7c7
>
> For this, i owe Eric an apology that i am not man enough to hand out.
> I will try my best, if he accepts or not, i am man enough to deal with
> the results of my actions. This post was not directly directed at him,
> but he took it that way, and now, after a few private emails, i have to
> agree that i am an ass. I let the quest of AFM get in the way of me
> keeping friends, even after the truth was out, he still came over and
> helped with the defender and did leave the parts like a true friend
> after he knew i lied.
>
> To Eric and the rest of the MPL , I, John, am sorry for my actions. I
> have no excuse for my actions, nor am i going to dwell on them. My
> intent was to bow out of the MPL, not to participate anymore due to
> what has happened in the last few weeks, save face is all, it was not
> intended to be an attack against Eric.
>
> Thanks to all of the guys who have invited me and my family into their
> homes to play their collector type games. I will never forget some of
> the great time i had.
>
> John
> jdubbbs

Adi

LOL, I just had to laugh at the statement below, in a good way...

Could be added (with Frank Oz voice impersonation): Cloudy this boy's future
is. Strong the power of the of the dark side is, and the AFM his judgment
overtook.

You guys will work it out, machines come and go, not worth losing a
friendship over it at all.

Adi
www.txpinball.com