wrong billing info - my fault

I just ordered a computer for a friend. When I got the acknowlegement
e-mail, I realized that I completely spaced out and entered my own
billing info with his credit card number.

I just sent an e-mail off to Dell, but I'm wondering if anyone here ever
did anything that stupid and what the likely outcome of this will be.

I figure Amex to reject it, but after that I have no idea what happens.
Will the order simply be canceled? Will they ask for updated info (which
I already sent)?

TIA,

Bob

Bob Levine wrote:

> I just ordered a computer for a friend. When I got the acknowlegement
> e-mail, I realized that I completely spaced out and entered my own
> billing info with his credit card number.
>
> I just sent an e-mail off to Dell, but I'm wondering if anyone here ever
> did anything that stupid and what the likely outcome of this will be.
>
> I figure Amex to reject it, but after that I have no idea what happens.
> Will the order simply be canceled? Will they ask for updated info (which
> I already sent)?

Here's a follow-up.

I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
change billing info over the phone.

I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
re-order it.

I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though
I never called), assurance that the purchase had already been
authorized, and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.

I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I
was also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.

Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
story.

Bob

Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win situation
for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
"Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
> Bob Levine wrote:

> Here's a follow-up.
>
> I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what I
> could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
> change billing info over the phone.
>
> I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
> purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
> re-order it.
>
> I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
> never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
> and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
>
> I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
> though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
> also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
>
> Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
> story.
>
> Bob

I've never had much luck at getting an issue resolved by calling Dell. About
a year ago, I ordered a new Axim. The Axim arrived with no sync cord. After
about 5 calls to Dell and dealing with incompetent Indians, I finally sent
the thing back.
"Monica" <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
> English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win
> situation for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
> "Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
>> Bob Levine wrote:
>

>> Here's a follow-up.
>>
>> I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
>> I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
>> change billing info over the phone.
>>
>> I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
>> purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
>> re-order it.
>>
>> I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
>> never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
>> and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
>>
>> I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
>> though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
>> also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
>>
>> Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
>> story.
>>
>> Bob

My AXIM story: I ordered a refurb X5, and it did not come with the
charger cable and (I thought the backup battery, which I later found
under the internal flap). Again, an Indian person. I gave him the
model# for the battery, which he seemed to have trouble comprehending.
Promptly, I received the charger cable and a regular battery. Too much
effort to try and return it.

Mike

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:44:10 -0400, "Matt Wiggins"
<mwigginsnoxx@charter.net> wrote:

>I've never had much luck at getting an issue resolved by calling Dell. About
>a year ago, I ordered a new Axim. The Axim arrived with no sync cord. After
>about 5 calls to Dell and dealing with incompetent Indians, I finally sent
>the thing back.
>"Monica" <monicakm@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
>> Whether Dell is "customer friendly" or those Indians can't comprehend
>> English any better than they can speak it, it was still a win win
>> situation for you :) Congratulations and wtg Dell!
>> "Bob Levine" <leave.me@lone.net> wrote in message
>>> Bob Levine wrote:
>>

>>> Here's a follow-up.
>>>
>>> I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining MY ERROR and asking what
>>> I could do about it. I was given a number to call because they couldn't
>>> change billing info over the phone.
>>>
>>> I responded that I didn't really want to spend time on hold and if the
>>> purchase hadn't been approved, I would simply cancel the order and
>>> re-order it.
>>>
>>> I got back another response apologizing for long hold time (even though I
>>> never called), assurance that the purchase had already been authorized,
>>> and an offer of a $75.00 coupon for a future purchase.
>>>
>>> I sent another e-mail thanking them and accepting the coupon, again even
>>> though it was MY FAULT. When I got the e-mail with the coupon code, I was
>>> also informed that the shipping had been upgrade to next day air.
>>>
>>> Just thought some of you would like to hear a pleasant customer service
>>> story.
>>>
>>> Bob

I tried like hell for about 2 weeks to get the Dell morons to understand
that mine did not come with a Sync cable. I finally gave up.