Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Acer recovery disc

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
December 5, 2009 11:26:37 PM

I reformatted my acer aspire 5315 because when I bougt it the hard drive was partitioned which drove me spare! I was able to re install the windows and microsoft office but having no recovery disc all acer stuff disappeared. Can anyone help me to get this back without having to go to the expense of buying it when I have done so once

More about : acer recovery disc

a b D Laptop
December 6, 2009 2:47:39 AM

Check out Acer's support site. They should have something where you enter your laptop's model and you should be good to go.
December 6, 2009 7:26:45 AM

maryfish said:
I reformatted my acer aspire 5315 because when I bougt it the hard drive was partitioned which drove me spare! I was able to re install the windows and microsoft office but having no recovery disc all acer stuff disappeared. Can anyone help me to get this back without having to go to the expense of buying it when I have done so once



thanks - I will have a look and see if I can find a solution on the website
Related resources
December 6, 2009 5:51:33 PM

Most laptops have a 'recovery partition' on the hard disk instead of system CD/DVD's.
If you haven't deleted the recovery partition you can do try this:
- during POST press F2 to enter the BIOS. Look for an option 'D2D recovery' and enable it.
- during the next POST press ALT F10. The laptop should boot from the recovery partition so you can do a fresh install.
December 6, 2009 10:00:50 PM

Freeduck said:
Most laptops have a 'recovery partition' on the hard disk instead of system CD/DVD's.
If you haven't deleted the recovery partition you can do try this:
- during POST press F2 to enter the BIOS. Look for an option 'D2D recovery' and enable it.
- during the next POST press ALT F10. The laptop should boot from the recovery partition so you can do a fresh install.



I will try that. But will I not have lost that partition when I re formatted??
December 6, 2009 10:01:32 PM

I will try that. But will I not have lost that partition when I re formatted??
December 7, 2009 6:32:44 AM

The recovery partition is hidden. You can remove it only by repartitioning the harddisk.
December 7, 2009 7:26:48 AM

I will be back home in about 3/4 hours and will attempt to find it wherever it is hidden in between doing Christmas cards. Thanks for your help!
December 7, 2009 12:21:17 PM

I have done that now but none of the acer stuff is back on my laptop!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2010 1:05:20 PM

maryfish said:
I will try that. But will I not have lost that partition when I re formatted??


disable all boot from menu (network and etc)
just enable boot from D2D recovery only.

reboot and touch alt+f10

ur welcome
February 2, 2012 12:50:47 PM

Quote:
disable all boot from menu (network and etc)
just enable boot from D2D recovery only.

reboot and touch alt+f10

ur welcome



I found this instruction a life saver, thank you.
!